- GE Power
- Posted 5/17/2017 4:52:41 PM
- Job Function: Sales
- Business Segment: Power Steam Power Systems
Location(s): India; Kolkata
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers
by speaking the language of industry.
Establish and coordinate the preparation of project cost estimate. Prepares cost analysis to help assess alternatives for competitive pricing. Manage the supply chain in coordination with the sourcing department in order to obtain cost and delivery schedule information.Cost Estimator is responsible for developing competitive, complete and accurate Cost Calculation for tendering projects (budgetary and firm bids) or other assigned projects.
a. Responsible to develop project cost estimate starting from identification of cost elements and collect and/or develop quantities information in close cooperation with engineering and technology specialist. Collect and/or estimate unit cost information from external partners/suppliers/subcontractors, organize and maintain all information in the estimating tool by which derive price information starting from cost information and provide various cost/price scenarios in close cooperation with proposal manager. Assist in developing the execution budget in case of project acquisition
b. Specifically the role entails the following tasks:
- Read and analyze the bidding documents and set up the cost estimating tool to provide automatically price information according to customer request.
- Identify cost elements in cooperation with engineering and technology specialist by system and subsystem according to codified WBS (work breakdown structure).
- Prepare request for quotation (RFQ) collating engineering information (complete with quantities and specifications) and complying with applicable customer specification and project requirements in order to get cost information from the partners/suppliers/ subcontractors.
- Prepare RFQ for erection and civil works collecting quantity information and erection methodologies in collaboration with construction manager.
- Analyze erection quotations and define the most optimized erection estimate in collaboration with construction manager
- Interface with purchasing department, suppliers, partners and subcontractors to coordinate, monitor and expedite the collection of information according to the proposal time schedule.
- Act as point of contact for other departments for pricing and vendor questions during the proposal process.
- Critically evaluate and clarify the cost information received in order to obtain the best quality information compliant with the requirements: cost solidity.
- Provide accurate estimate of material based on âdata base cost information in order to calculate the most cost effective proposal pricing.
- Collect internal man-hours and costs relevant to Engineering, Project Management and Site personnel, financial and pricing information from proposal manager in order to transform cost into price information.
- Follow applicable internal and ISO procedures / work instructions.
- Maintain a database of material costs (Estimating Database)
- Graduate Engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or related field required.
- Experience gained on the job during professional life
- Five to Ten years experience in estimating, purchasing, engineering or construction services.
• Knowledge of APC equipment and components (Material Estimator and Construction Estimator) will be preferred. Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Experience in the following fields related to power generation industry or technology-based projects business, particularly in Air Quality Control industry, is preferable
o Cost Controlling
o Cost Estimating,
o Construction services.
Locations: India; Kolkata