Data Engineering Specialist
- GE Digital
- Posted 5/17/2017 4:52:52 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Technology
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a Data Engineering specialist, you will be part of a data engineering or cross disciplinary team on commercially facing BI development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in GE business units.
• Performs a variety of BI reporting, intelligence & data transformations.
• Working knowledge of methods for parsing, formatting, & transforming data into units consistent with analytical needs.
• Demonstrates proficiency in implementation of logical/physical data models that support MDM best practices.
• Ability to develop and maintain comprehensive BI views and drive standardization in BI reports as needed.
• Must have good communication skills both oral and written
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent with minimum 4-5 years of experience in BI Development, data engineering, etc.
• Exposure to Database/Data Lake & Warehouse, SQL (Oracle, Terradata, Greenplum, Postgres etc), and ETL (Talend, Informatica) is required
• Exposure to other BI technologies Data Engineering. Data Visualization (SAP BI, OBIEE, Tableau, Qlikview), Data Science (R, Python, SAS) and has demonstrated ability of learning new technologies
• Translates analytics problems into data requirements and creates smart BI.
• Understands logical and physical data models, big data storage architecture, data modeling methodologies, metadata management, master data management, data lineage & data profiling.
• Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team.
Locations: India; Bangalore