Materials & Logistics Specialist
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:12:07 PM
- Job Function: Logistics
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Surface
Location(s): Iraq; Basra, Romaila
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This job posting is for roles that will be hired in Q3 & Q4 2017, hence expect some delay in response.
Coordinate and expedite the flow of materials from GE and suppliers to the customer (and also within departments) according to work schedule and placed orders. Plan and schedule material/production needs. Requires mastery of a body of theoretical and technical knowledge along with a strong foundation of function skills.
- Compare information on requisitions, invoices, stock transfers and shipping notices to material received or issued to verify accuracy.
- Enter data from source documents into SAP to compile and maintain inventory of material received, stocked or issued.
- Store purchased or manufactured parts in stock room/warehouse and issue parts per appropriate documentation
- Ensure material all movements are aligned with SAP transactions
- Inspect, accept or reject material received from vendors and assist in loading and unloading trucks / pallets
- Operate forklift or hoist to load equipment
- Perform routine cycle counts and support physical inventories
- Requisition materials to fill orders
- Determine method of storage, considering temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capabilities and space
- Move material between departments and machines
- Maintain accurate inventory and stock records and prepare professional reports for customer needs.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at
least 3 years of experience in materials role)
· Additional work experience in a materials role is preferred
· Sound organizational and presentation ability
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· PC proficiency
· Knowledge of Six Sigma applications is preferred
Locations: Iraq; Basra, Romaila