- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:12:08 PM
- Job Function: Environmental Health & Safety
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Surface
Location(s): Iraq; Basra, Romaila
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role will typically be aligned to specific customer contract. Individuals will generally either be located at, and only support, a specific site or project or have a role that requires specific industry/business expertise or interaction with specific business customers. Includes EHS professionals involved in “designing for EHS” , individuals responsible for customer or industry engagement, and EHS professionals working at customer sites or projects.
Process and quality improvement roles. Positions requiring understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures (technical Bachelor’s Degree).
Executes routine analyses using vested methods and technologies and/or contributes to technological developments in teams under supervision. Works together with people from the business unit and customer to ensure that Iraq EHS KPI are met and drive the GE EHS Culture.
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental, chemical or mechanical engineering
• Knowledge of environmental regulations, U.S. EPA, World and Ex-Imp Bank
• 5 to 10 years’ relative EHS experience
• Safety Certificate (NEBOSH or equivalent)
• Fluent English speaker and if not a native speaker hold a certified IELTS score of 6 or higher.
· Strong data analysis skills
· Ability to prioritize workload commitments and multi-task
· Strong team player and ability to interact / communicate well with wide variety of functional
groups within GE as well as customers
· Six Sigma training is preferred
· Knowledge of air dispersion modeling
· Knowledge of EPA / ISO test methods
· Prior experience in wastewater, solid, or hazardous waste permitting
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Locations: Iraq; Basra, Romaila