- GE Digital
- Posted 5/17/2017 4:55:26 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Applications
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE Digital is helping to transform GE itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company. We'll help GE and our customers drive greater asset reliability, lower their operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix industrial cloud platform and software solutions.
The success of diversity at GE reflects the integrity of our leadership and builds a strong foundation for future leaders to continue our tradition of inclusiveness. By bringing individuals, cultures and ideas together we build a stronger company and a better world
GE will be the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Each digital invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry.
What product line you’ll be leading?
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for contributing to front end & back end development with focus on SaaS based product development for Digital Industrial Platform(Predix – GE's Industrial IOT Platform).
GE APM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkw9X4jobB8
GE Digital: https://www.youtube.com/user/industrialinternet
GE is an equal opportunity Employer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0qkWRqTdM
• Your Day at GE:
1) As the Software Engineer you need to contribute to SaaS product developed in global team. You are expected to have working experience with various global development teams in IOT SaaS product.
2) Being a part of the development team, you will contribute on Front End User Interface & Back End layer in SaaS product.
3) You should understand various parameter like code coverage, security checks, automation etc. and nurture the quality of code that helps feature deployment with ease in SaaS area.
4) You are required to participate actively in Scrum team following Agile/TDD/BDD approach. You need to have experience in understanding user story from Product Manager & Ux Engineer and develop features that meet all acceptance criteria of Product Owner.
• Core Responsibilities:
1) Responsible for programing a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management, beginning to work independently.
2)Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Technical Expertise:
1) At least 2 years of experience with Saas / PaaS services.
2) Strong knowledge of OO Analysis & Design, Cloud Foundry, Spring, Java, PostGres, AngularJS, Kafka/RabbitMQ and Microservices is expected.
3) Exposure to big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark) and geospatial software development (zone models, projections) would be a big plus.
4) A dedicated developer who understands issues and presents clear rationale; thinks in terms of scalability & fault tolerance architecture and can deliver small and medium sized features while mentoring team members.
• Years of Experience:
A minimum of 3 year(s) of professional experience in software engineering with a Bachelor's Degree OR a Master's Degree with 2 year(s) of experience in software engineering.
1) Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
2)Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules.
Locations: India; Bangalore