GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Want to know what we’re working on at GE Canada? Visit www.gereports.ca
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2016.
To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
GE – imagination at work
An Equal Opportunity Employer Role Summary:
GE Business: GE Capital EMEA, Working Capital Solutions
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Duration: 4 months
Anticipated Start Date: Fall 2017
Number of positions: 1
Reporting to: Accounts Receivable Team Leader
Application Deadline: May 23rd, 2017 Essential Responsibilities:
As the Accounts Receivable Specialist for GE Working Capital Solutions, you will be responsible for the Collections activities related to a specific GE business’ portfolio. You will own the collection and account resolution with customers of delinquent accounts, and provide customer service, develop payment arrangements, and assist in resolving customer complaints and problem accounts by using your fantastic communication and influencing skills.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
• Initiate collection calls to account customers, research and resolve past due/billing issues on complex accounts that have resulted in delinquent payment.
• Review aging reports and initiate calls to customers with past-due balances to arrange for payment.
• Resolve customer complaints and research account discrepancies; analyze receivables data for customers.
• Escalating issues to appropriate internal and external contacts.
• Perform routine accounting reconciliations, reduce account aging, and establish clear and concise communications; participate in presentations of account receivables information.
• Maintain call logs and expected payment dates.
• Evaluate if credit or debits need to be issued.
• Daily interaction with outside customers, including follow-up with customers when expected payment has not been received. Qualifications/Requirements:
Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience);
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize all tasks
• Excellent interpersonal and team work skills
• Experience in collections or accounts receivables is an asset, but not required
• Bachelor Degree in course of completion in Commerce/Business (Accounting or Finance) or equivalent related discipline
• Open to current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining GE. Locations:
Canada; Ontario; Mississauga