Human Resources Manager
- GE Global Growth Organization
- Posted 5/17/2017 4:56:45 PM
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Business Segment: Global Growth Organization Australia & New Zealand
Location(s): Australia; Brisbane
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Lead Employee HR Management Specialist (EHRM) is the first point of contact for managers and employees to provide coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee related questions. This role is critical in executing our key HR initiatives, and working in partnership with HR Business Partners.
This role is part-time 50% spread over three consecutive days.
The role will support a range of GE businesses whose employees work across various GE office locations in Brisbane as well as remotely across Qld, SA and Tasmania. This role will need to travel between Brisbane sites on a periodical basis.
The role reports to the Employee HR Leader and is supported by a HR Centres of Expertise.
Key responsibilities of the role include the following:
• Providing dedicated guidance and coaching to line managers and employees within a complex business environment, including supporting multiple matrixed organisations.
• Providing dedicated guidance and coaching to managers and employees with specific focus on:
o employee advocacy/engagement, HR processes and policies, employee relations management,
o performance and career development, talent assessment, acquisition support, workplace investigations as appropriate.
• Providing employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues; escalating concerns beyond their scope to HR Business Partners; navigating employees and manager to HR Services when it is the more appropriate resource.
• Partnering with HR Business Partners and the EHRM Leader to execute business-specific HR strategies.
• Ensuring that all employee relations issues are properly identified, investigated where applicable and resolved.
• Providing advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment.
• Leading key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance.
• Conducting HR training and support for functional processes as needed.
• Assisting with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 5 years professional work in the Human Resources function as a HR generalist covering areas of recruiting, compensation, benefits, employee relations, employee engagement, investigations, performance development and management.
• Experience in working in a matrix work environment.
• Experience in working in the Industrials industry will be well regarded.
• Passionate, employee advocate who wants to make a difference in the organisation by helping employees succeed.
• Effective communicator who can connect with employees and management at all levels.
• Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness.
• Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive image of the HR Brand.
• Ability to apply solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, & confidentiality.
• Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
• Strong problem solving skills; ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements.
• Excellent organisational & documentation skills.
Locations: Australia; Brisbane