TPS Aftermarket Sales Manager – UAE, Oman and Yemen
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/17/2017 4:57:08 PM
- Job Function: Sales
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Turbomachinery Solutions
Location(s): United Arab Emirates; Dubai
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Why join one great company when you can join many? We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use.
Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability.
We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset health management. Learn more about GE Oil and Gas Today!
The Sales Manager position will be responsible for Turbomachinery & Process Solutions (TPS) Aftermarket Sales covering UAE, Oman & Yemen. It is a key role in providing sales excellence and commercial intensity, identifying white space in assigned territory. Build intimate relationship with Oil & Gas Operating Companies to deliver sustainable & long-term key account management for Onshore/Offshore Production (OOP), Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) & Pipeline and Gas Processing (PGP) industry segments.
The Aftermarket Sales Manager should develop practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals. In this role you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilize your understanding and experience to execute business objectives, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy. Candidate of that role should have the ability to:
• Execute on assigned operating plan and assures that the business wins profitable/productive aftermarket sales in UAE, Oman & Yemen.
• Provide deal team leadership for related sales through the formulation and execution of proposal strategies that capitalize on GE's competitive strengths to serve the customer's needs resulting in execution of definitive sales agreements.
• Manage the sales proposal process from opportunity identification through contract flow down to key GE organizations.
• Lead relationship and strategy with channel partners and key strategic partners in the market to expand market footprint and ensure business wins and market growth.
• Lead deal structuring, pricing and all other proposal development activities as the sales team's primary proposal interface with projects, platform, global operations, risk management and other functional groups as required.
• Lead deal strategy development and reviews, ultimately obtaining appropriate approvals for pricing, delivery and other commercial terms for specific sales proposals up to a successful negotiation & deal closure.
• Integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues.
• Develop customer strategies, campaign plans, and leadership in their execution.
• Integrate information, resources, and activities within the region and/or among global regions.
• Specify critical resource needs required to meet business objectives.
• Demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives.
• Develop influential relationships with assigned Oil & Gas Companies in UAE, Oman and Yemen at all levels.
• Understand decision making process, and develop strategies to win profitable business from those customers.
• Integrate and lead technical support team, including contracts, finance, product support, and others in implementation of customer strategies.
• Provide specific account leadership, plans, and actions to assure that GE wins profitable business within the assigned Oil & Gas Companies.
• Maintain knowledge of market trends, customer requirements, competitor actions and customer base.
• Conduct weekly visits with Oil & Gas Companies at site/plant and/or headquarters to ensure proximity with key stakeholders & decision makers.
• Maintain a strong relationship with various organizations (Maintenance, Procurement, Engineering and Operations) within the assigned Oil & Gas Companies in UAE, Oman and Yemen.
• Engage needed resources and technical sales team to scout for new opportunities to enlarge the pipeline of opportunities for maintenance, contractual and technology services portfolios.
• Have good vision of market dynamics, able to set priorities.
• Assist sales directors in identifying new opportunities, creating sales analysis & forecast business plans to sustain desired growth.
• Work with marketing to develop new products and services to drive the business growth based on customer needs & expectations.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Engineering or equivalent.
• At least 8+ years of experience in a sales or marketing of Oil & Gas Equipment, commercial background is an asset.
• Experience in the Middle East Region, and record of managing a big portfolio.
• Customer focused and ability to build relationship based on trust and accountability.
• Healthy business acumen and ability to lead in securing orders.
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written, fluency in both English and Arabic.
• Ability to work effectively in cross discipline and cross functional environments.
• Mobility and flexibility.
• Master's degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
• Experience in Oil & Gas industry, working knowledge in UAE or Oman is preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of the industrial applications for product lines and markets.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Integrative team working style.
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certified (only for GE employees).
Locations: United Arab Emirates; Dubai