Field Service Technician
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:12:01 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Surface
Location(s): Iraq; Basra, Romaila
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This job posting is for roles that will be hired in Q3 & Q4 2017, hence expect some delay in response.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for performing services necessary to install, repair or remove ESP (electrical submersible pump) ESP cable at well-sites utilizing knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical machinery. Also performs more specialized electrical work including basic repair work on variable speed drives, trouble shooting down hole pressure systems.
Inspects and assembles all types of ESP brand submersible equipment, supervises and assists the subsequent installation of tubing and banding of cable, periodically checks system electrical integrity during installation.
Perform and record checks on installed units at the well-site, checking amperage and pump performance as part of Well Surveillance and Monitoring.
Maintains company vehicle with necessary tools and equipment to perform service jobs
Comply with all EHS requirements and ensures the safety of those around him.
Follows and completes training requirements to gain further competency and soft skills in order grow career within GE.
• Engineering Degree preferred but not essential. Technical school training or field work experience would be acceptable.
• 3 years relative ESP experience
• Fluent English speaker and if not a native speaker hold a certified IELTS score of 4 or higher.
• Understanding of EHS procedures.
- Have the aptitude and willingness to expand technical skill sets.
- Good communication and team work abilities
Locations: Iraq; Basra, Romaila