Lead Project Engineer
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:12:03 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Surface
Location(s): Iraq; Basra, Romaila
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This job posting is for roles that will be hired in Q3 & Q4 2017, hence expect some delay in response.
The Project Engineer provides a single point of contact for GE Oil & Gas ESP on a specific Customer contract within Basra, Iraq.
This role will be accountable for the performance and daily execution of contract requirements.
The Project Engineer will lead a team of Field Crews and commissioning teams to ensure that they are compliant in terms of EHS and quality to meet both GE and customer expectations.
The project engineer will work very close with the customer and is likely to be based at their facilities where daily planning and reports are to be communicated. In conjunction with the Operation Manager to ensure the smooth execution of field service activities for complete customer satisfaction and ensure the execution of operational activities, while playing a proactive role in cross-functional coordination and guaranteeing demand fulfillment.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college.
• 10 years’ Oil & Gas industry related experience and at least 3 years in field services coordination role.
•Fluent English speaker and if not a native speaker hold a certified IELTS score of 6 or higher.
•Broad knowledge of methods and procedures within project management.
•Proficient in MS Project, MS Office. ERP knowledge in Oracle is a plus.
•Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
•Ability to demonstrate initiative and assertiveness.
•Plan and manage work in an efficient manner.
•The ability to work well under stress and time pressures.
•Must be a team player and good communication skill.
• Experience in Artificial Lift (ESP) / relevant industry.
• Sense of urgency in dealing with issues and tasks.
• Ability to organize, assess, orchestrate, prioritize tasks, risks, resources, milestones, and
• Six Sigma training (GE employees only).
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Self-motivated and fast learning ability.
Locations: Iraq; Basra, Romaila