- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:12:04 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Surface
Location(s): Iraq; Basra, Romaila
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This job posting is for roles that will be hired in Q3 & Q4 2017, hence expect some delay in response.
The Application Engineer provides direction and assistance to work group to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
. Apply engineering principles to assigned projects.
. Design ESP equipment that exceed customer expectations without error, meeting schedule.
. Effectively interface with engineers, customers and senior management.
. Maintain documentation in the project file to ensure design control requirements are met.
. Guidance to Field Service and electrical maintenance team in daily operations.
. Logistic coordination.
. Coordinate, if necessary, all field services tasks as leader.
. Contribute with field services and electrical maintenance team on basic technical trainings
• Bachelor's Petroleum/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering degree from an accredited university or
• 7-10 years’ experience in ESP application engineering.
• Fluent English speaker and if not a native speaker hold a certified IELTS score of 6 or higher.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong customer mindset.
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and ensures that they are met
- Capable of building connections with the team through personal involvement and trust
- Demonstrated ability to solve or lead complex technical issues to a successful resolution
- Strong Interpersonal skills
Locations: Iraq; Basra, Romaila