Lead Field Engineer
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:12:06 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Surface
Location(s): Iraq; Basra, Romaila
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
This job posting is for roles that will be hired in Q3 & Q4 2017, hence expect some delay in response.
Lead Field Engineer is responsible for all resources and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products and leading the team for Assembly and Disassembly of the ESP subsurface equipment using GE provided Installation and/or pullout procedures.
· Provide general technical direction and assistance to the customer in the operation, maintenance, repair, logistic support, and installation of GE products
· Provide on-site interpretation of data and technical instruction
· Provide Project and Field Service management with complete and prompt information regarding status of programs, customer problems, failures, trends, and climate
. Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers
. Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
· Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards ·
• Electrical Engineering degree from an accredited university is preferred;
• 5 years’ experience with installation/pull out and commissioning of ESP.
• Fluent English speaker and if not a native speaker hold a certified IELTS score of 4 or higher.
• Fully competent to operate, troubleshoot and rectify as appropriate any tools and equipment related to ESP equipment, for example but not limited to downhole ESP equipment, VSD/MTU, flow meter
- Should have electrical background.
- Should have excellent analytical skills
- Should have excellent communication skills
- Should have the ability and desire to take on a leadership role as business matures.
Locations: Iraq; Basra, Romaila