GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more information, visit www.GEGridSolutions.com
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you! Role Summary:
The Software Delivery Manager demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals. This role is the key role for managing the delivery of all our customer projects within HVDC. Essential Responsibilities:
Provide leadership and technical direction to a to meet specific objectives
• Establish the technical requirements, objectives, timing, budget control, resources and assuring conformance to standards and specifications
• Manage the team, provide technical guidance and mentoring as necessary
• Execute plans to achieve goals, effectively communicating results to the customer and document .
In addition, you will be require to:
• Lead and develop the next stage of Agile work flow
• Ensure processes and methodology is upkept and continuously improved
• Act as a release manager for all delivery projects to ensure consistency and quality
• Lead and manage the team ensuring performance standards, annual objectives, policies and procedures are met
• Ensure the team has the right level of know-how and competency to perform their responsibilities through coaching and mentoring
• Regularly manage and review performance of employees according to the GE Performance review process
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Experience in leading a team and extensive experience as a project management is essential for this role
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Effective problem identification and solution skills.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability Locations:
United Kingdom; Stafford