Software Development Intern- Power Services
- GE Power
- Posted 5/17/2017 4:59:56 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): Mexico; Queretaro
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit our website at http://www.ge.com
Early Talent Identification Program is an internship and co-op global program that allows university/college students and/or recent graduates in some regions, to work for GE and gain valuable work experience while creating a talent pipeline for future Leadership Programs & Direct Hire roles.
The main responsibilities are providing maintenance to some tools developed by GEIQ; provide support to GE Power Services organization and other organizations as well.
This Internship will be based on
- Intern will support with experienced engineering guidance, to ensure a high level of Quality that meets customer expectations. Putin in place a system to measure the organization's performance and then report on its findings, liaising with managers and staff, coordinating procedures to address any deficiencies.
- Demonstrated leadership, self-confidence, initiative, interpersonal skills, analytical ability and ability to adapt to change, Strong communications skills, continuously want to learn and growth, High energy and Passion. Work/life balance.
-Provide support to other teams through:
• Development of new tools to accelerate/improving current processes
• Automation tools developed into GE
• Maintenance to existing software application
- Advanced Software Programming skills (Excel, )
- Enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree ( Computer Engineering or Computer/Information Science or Mechatronics, Electronics, Industrial, with strong software computer skills.
- Fluent English
- Good academic performance
PHP - Intermediate level
• C++ - intermediate level
• HTML - Intermediate level
• Java -Intermediate level
• Ruby - Basic level
• MySQL - Intermediate level
• Oracle - Basic level
• UML - Intermediate level
• Microsoft Visual Studio Pro –Intermediate/Advanced level
• Microsoft Office
- Connects effectively with a broad group of stakeholders
In tune with outside customers and environment, sees around corners
Embraces ambiguity and uncertainty, is adaptive
Connects strategy to purpose and communicates in a way that inspires
Decisive, uses knowledge, experience, network, instinct
Imagination & courage:
Generates innovative ideas and makes it happen
Encourages risk taking and learns from success/failure
Challenges bureaucracy and non-value-add work, drives speed and simplicity.
Welcomes opposing thoughts and ideas, listens and is humble
Works collaboratively, respects individuals and cultures
Drives engagement and commitment
Domain depth, credibility built from experience and results
Continuously develops self and passionate about developing others
• On time delivery focus
• Sense of Urgency
Locations: Mexico; Queretaro