Cell Therapy Sales Specialist, Southern California
Posted 5/17/2017 4:59:58 PM
Business Segment: Healthcare Life Sciences
Location(s): United States; California; Southern California
About Us: What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing healthcare costs, increasing access and improving quality and efficiency around the world.
We are an $18 billion unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE), employing more than 52,000 people worldwide and serving healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries. We believe in our strategy - and we'd like you to be a part of it. As a global leader, GE can bring together the best in science, technology, business and people to help solve one of the world's toughest challenges and shape a new age of healthcare.
Something remarkable happens when you bring together people who are committed to making a difference - they do!
GE Healthcare Life Sciencesprovides products and services used as tools for biopharmaceutical manufacturing, drug discovery and the latest in cellular technologies, thereby enabling our customers around the world to be more productive, effective and creative. Our motivation is to create better health for more people. Through our five decades of supporting the biopharmaceutical industry and its research partners to become more productive, we are helping to reduce costs, increase access and improve quality in the healthcare system. We use our expertise and know-how in imaginative ways to work with our customers to provide what’s needed today and create products and solutions to enable the medical treatments of tomorrow. We add value to our customers by:
Providing cutting-edge research tools that give deeper insights into cell function to enable disease diagnosis and the development of treatments.
Enabling manufacturing productivity: we provide solutions for the entire bioprocess workflow (i.e. start-to-finish bioprocessing) helping our customers to develop and manufacture biopharmaceuticals more efficiently.
Providing high quality support and maintenance services.
We are the home of many famous brands, including Whatman, Amersham, Biacore, WAVE, Applied Precision, Xcellerex and more.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: Develop, promote and manage the sales of GE Healthcare Cell Therapy products. This a great opportunity for someone with a sales background in immunology, immunotherapy, cell therapy, bioreactors or cell growth media.
Essential Responsibilities: • Promote sales of GE Healthcare Cell Therapy product lines, attaining and/or exceeding territory budgetary goals through sales success across key product areas.
• Promote customer satisfaction by providing quotes, service information, answering inquiries, investigating complaints, managing orders and taking immediate appropriate action, and providing after-sales support utilizing all available resources.
• Communicate best practices, sales success and assist in training and coaching Life Sciences team members as requested by the Business Unit Manager or Regional Sales Director.
• Maintain customer database, accurate quarterly forecasting and opportunity management.
• Conduct presentations to potential customers and implement local user group meetings within territory.
• Develop specific account strategies, account portfolios, and territory business plans by routinely working with high level decision makers in customer organizations and their colleagues selling and supporting other product portfolios. Actively adjust plan to meet local dynamic situations.
• Attention to administrative responsibilities: Monthly reports, expenses, forecasting, yearly reviews, call database updates, opportunity details and other operational requirements.
• Present and report competitive product information and competitor activity to Marketing for communication within the Region and North America.
• Manage sales by maintaining appropriate databases and generating quotes to customers.
• Develop new accounts and customers utilizing available resources.
• Willing and able to effectively work within a team selling environment and ongoing proper utilization of internal resources
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Associate’s Degree in the Life Science including Biology, Chemistry or Microbiology.
• Minimum of 5 of years successful field sales experience selling reagents and instrumentation into academic, government and biotech accounts.
• Experience selling medical devices into clinical market would be a plus.
• Proven sales track history of obtaining sales goals.
• Computer Literacy: Microsoft and Outlook.
• Licenses/Certifications: Valid driving license with good driving record.
• Spend an average of 80% of available time in the field (some overnight travel required).
• You must be willing to live and work in the assigned geography (Southern California).
Desired Characteristics: • Bachelor’s Degree or greater education achievement, with 5-10 years of related scientific experience • Medical device sales experience.
• Experience working with a sales background in immunology, immunotherapy, cell therapy, bioreactors and cell growth media.
• Sales Experience with biotechnology/pharmaceutical industries in Life Sciences research.
• Knowledge of the territory and its customer base.
• Sales Training Experience: Commercial Selling Skills Training.
• Proven effective sales record in previous positions.
• Direct employment in biotech or pharmaceutical research, production or process development environment.
Locations: United States; California; Southern California
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.