GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more information, visit www.GEGridSolutions.com
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Responsible for project delivery, profit & loss accountability, and customer satisfaction through management of project related activities and resources.
• Ensures project implementation as well as work packages and constraints are accurately integrated into project planning scenario.
• Responsible for monitoring progress and producing accurate projections of time and cost.
• Ensures other functions have access to accurate current reports and projections and relevant reports are available for the customer.
• Develops an operational year plan for the own department activities.
• Suggests improvements in products, processes and procedures.
• Contributes to plan of larger unit.
• Works together with high level people from the business and SPB and EB level.
• Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done.
• Diverse clients in a region.
• Works on the basis of predefined contracts and frameworks.
• Some latitude to deviate from those conditions.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with proven years of experience in Project Management).
• Some years of experience in Project Planning.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Effective problem identification and solution skills.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability. Locations:
United Kingdom; Stafford