Sr Technical Product Manager
- GE Digital
- Posted 6/19/2017 2:49:48 AM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Applications
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE Digital is helping to transform GE itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company. We'll help GE and our customers drive greater asset reliability, lower their operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix industrial cloud platform and software solutions.
The success of diversity at GE reflects the integrity of our leadership and builds a strong foundation for future leaders to continue our tradition of inclusiveness. By bringing individuals, cultures and ideas together we build a stronger company and a better world
GE will be the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Each digital invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a Sr Technical Product Manager, you will collaborate lock-step with product management to create a clear strategic direction for product build needs and convey that vision to the development scrum teams. Focus will be on SaaS based product development on Predix, GE’s Industrial IOT Platform.
GE APM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkw9X4jobB8
GE Digital: https://www.youtube.com/user/industrialinternet
GE is an equal opportunity Employer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0qkWRqTdM
In this role, you will:
• Work with cross-functional teams to deliver features and products
• Own the short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases
• Prioritize continuously in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs
• Engage frequently (80%) with the development team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities
• Direct the development team with a clear and descriptive set of requirements captured as stories and partner with the team to determine what can be delivered through balancing the need for new features, defects, and technical debt.
• Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders: Product Managers, Technical Anchors, Service Owners and Developers.
• Own and manage the backlog; continuously order and prioritize to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready
• Collaborate with Design to know customers and understand behaviors
• Conduct customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborates on personas
• Partner with the Service Owner to ensure healthy development process
• Apply Agile principles to translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
• Show increasing understanding of the technology stack and its impact on the final product
Demonstrate ability to influence customers and product managers through persuasion and influencing
• A minimum of 7 years experience in software technology at an industrial company that shows a progression towards business expertise with operations domain knowledge
• 2-3 years experience as a Technical Product Manager
• Experience and exposure to process engineering and optimization
Education – Bachelors or Masters in Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Management Information Systems
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
• Experience working in Agile engineering environment
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Skilled in negotiation to align stakeholders and communicate a single synthesized perspective to the scrum team. Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders.
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
Locations: India; Bangalore