GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
GE Healthcare Ireland Ltd. manufactures & distributes X-ray & MRI Contrast Media for customers worldwide. In 2016, our production volume was ca 27.7 mill units (vials) and supported turnover across the Supply chain of ~USD 500M. The plant has ~600 employees. As part of our ongoing journey to achieve our 2020 site vision of being a 50m unit (vials) capacity site we have created this new role to drive the necessary cultural and operational transformations and simplifications to make this happen.
The Production Manager is responsible for managing and providing leadership to the Production team of Process Team Leads (PTLs), Lead Operators, Process Operators, Trainers, as well as liaising closely with the Packaging Manager in the Cork Site to deliver the customer and business needs in a compliant manner that enhances the direct relationship culture. The Production Manager will engage with the relevant support departments and build strong relationships with same.
You will demonstrate Role Model Leadership by facilitating, coaching, mentoring and developing your team. You will be a driving force for the Production process by creating an environment of continuous improvement using Lean principles and resources as well as Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Standards. You will deliver EHS performance in accordance with the requirements of the company’s 5S, safety and environmental management programs. The Production Manager reports to the Head of Operations.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include: Qualifications/Requirements:
• Lead the manufacturing function from Prep to Inspection to ensure ‘patient supply objectives’ are consistently achieved.
• Responsible for the products manufactured by the team so that they meet the requirements of end users, customers, regulatory authorities and the company.
• Responsible for compliance to the requirements of cGMP, and to our site quality programmes.
• Deliver Environmental, Health & Safety performance in accordance with the requirements of the company’s 5S, safety and environmental management programmes.
• Identify methods for improving productivity and reducing overall manufacturing costs via lean manufacturing and robust problem solving teams.
• Develop the manufacturing strategy to meet business growth and deliver on the overall business objectives in collaboration with the relevant partners
• Manage the day to day upkeep of the Production Schedule and communicate changes effectively and efficiently to Customer Service & Finance departments
• Work with Process Team Leads (PTLs) in planning and scheduling labour and equipment resources to meet production demands.
• Liaise with QA, QC and Engineering departments on product and process development matters, NPI and trials
• Develop capacity and resourcing plans for existing and future manufacturing needs.
• Achieve key project deliverables on time and in budget and support Ad Hoc projects as and when required.
• Develop and maintain critical relationships with support departments to both develop the role and to enable the growth of the site.
• Lead team through the effective use of performance management and coaching processes -- building excellent working relationships with direct reports, extended team-- and with team members in other functional support groups.
• Motivate and develop personnel; monitor and review personnel performance. Partner with HR to improve the usage and practise of the PD@GE Tool and HR Policy/Procedural compliance. Responsibility for championing the understanding of ‘GE Beliefs’ to underpin performance.
• Assist in the recruitment needs of the area including identifying resource gaps.
• Take personal responsibility to ensure implementation, tracking, resourcing and delivery of improved communication processes and systems in the Production area.
• Manage headcount and expenditure within budgeted figures and deliver on cost savings
• Extensive Years of experience within a regulated environment Proven Years of which must have been within a leadership role.
• 3rd level qualification or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Self-starter with good motivational, decision making, planning and communication skills.
• Good level of knowledge of Quality, safety regulations, manufacturing and process automation.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with staff at all levels across multiple functions of the organization.
• Experience in developing strong working relationships across teams and functions.
• Understanding and experience in use of Lean manufacturing principles.
• Experience of managing teams in a fast paced and complex environment.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral Locations: