Field Services Engineer - Industrial Solutions
- GE Energy Connections
- Posted 7/18/2017 5:51:54 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Energy Connections Industrial Solutions
Location(s): Australia; Bowen Basin, Mackay, Rockhampton, Emerald, Brisbane
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Industrial Solutions, part of GE Energy Connections, empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help
ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. Industrial Solutions’ product and service solutions add to GE’s broader portfolio of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management, conversion and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries. To learn more, please visit: www.geindustrial.com.
All resources, and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products. Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering.
This role will be predominately based at customer sites throughout the Bowen Basin region.
• Supervision of equipment installation to meet GE standards, verifying correct cable terminations and system commissioning.
• Working with the customer appointed sub-contractors in meeting the project schedules.
• Involves travel to customer sites and to attend internal GE product technical training.
• Following all EHS and Regulatory rules and laws and total compliance to GE and Customer standards.
• Fundamental understanding of LV and MV Switchgear, UPS systems, Excitation systems, large Rotating equipment, PLC’s, SCADA, Drives and Protection devices.
• Software development skills would be an advantage.
• Perform tests & prepare reports using various test equipment including Omicron, Meggers, Oscilloscopes, Multimeters and other software based data logging equipment.
• Identify factory errors, log PAC cases & implement required changes.
• Support in preparation and submission of “AS COMMISSIONED” drawings and Operation & Maintenance Manuals.
• Foster team environment across all functions and across regional sales teams to facilitate success
• Provide support to Commercial Operations and Project Managers for quick resolution of issues related to commissioning
• Ensure uncompromised compliance to GE Spirit and Letter policies and statutory requirements, function as an ambassador of the business and uphold GE integrity standards in all respects
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Qualified Electrician with a Diploma in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 5 years of experience in commissioning or maintenance of equipment outlined above.
• Knowledge of Power Delivery products such as excitation, protection, including switchgear & breakers in the LV/MV segment and other control products is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to drive constant improvement in process.
• Ability to influence customers and consultants in a professional way.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong problem solving skills.
Locations: Australia; Bowen Basin, Mackay, Rockhampton, Emerald, Brisbane