Global Operations is GE’s multi-functional shared services. We operate worldwide, transfer knowledge and work with every GE business to make our company simpler, better and more customer-focused. Our culture promotes innovation, knowledge sharing, and collaboration in an open office environment that has leaders both sitting and working alongside their team. We’re looking for entrepreneurial problem-solvers who are passionate about exploring new, efficient ways of working, while gaining exposure across multiple industries. Join the team and help us deliver tomorrow’s GE, today. Role Summary:
Responsible for driving technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis. Entry level professional positions; includes some team leader positions. Requires good understanding of work routines and procedures. Limited independence in problem solving and decision making. Essential Responsibilities:
- Responsible for general accounting and policy application for all cycles including inventory, revenue recognition, receivables/payables, intercompany, etc.
- Understand and interpret applicable Enterprise Standards, SOP and Process Maps to deliver globally competitive accounting services.
- Basic understanding of procedures and concepts; understands how own area integrates with other teams; provides on the job training and support to new team members; expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent.
- Focus on individual or team results within department.
- Operates as independent professional.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Finance).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
Puerto Rico; San Juan