Engineer 1 - Mechanical Component LEAP E2
- GE Aviation
- Posted 5/17/2017 5:04:17 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Aviation Engineering
Location(s): Mexico; Queretaro
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Configurations/EBU engineer is responsible for the design, analysis, evaluation and testing of Aircraft Engine external hardware such as brackets, tubes, ducts, hoses, isolators, electrical harnesses, etc., using engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
Cognizant on failures modes for related hardware such as High and Low cycle fatigue and Fan Blade out.
· Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
· Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
· Document and communicate results of technical data generated
· Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
· Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
· Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business
· Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum 4 years of experience in an engineering, IT, scientific or other technical position)
Familiarity with design, test and analysis tools and externals systems.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
Locations: Mexico; Queretaro