Lead Sales and Proposal Manager
- GE Energy Connections
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:39:51 PM
- Job Function: Sales
- Business Segment: Energy Connections Grid Solutions
Location(s): United Kingdom; Stafford
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Lead Sales and Proposal Manager leads the preparation and negotiation of highly complex, large scale and international HVDC tenders (contracts >100MUSD) for the HVDC Center of Excellence (CoE) in Stafford. In addition, may also manage small to medium size tenders (FACTS, support to project teams ,etc).
• Review enquiry documents to establish a bid strategy to deliver tender in an efficient manner, maximize Customers satisfaction and increase probability of success.
• Lead the appointed tendering team to deliver the bid in line with agreed bid strategy, organize tendering activities, co-ordinate with Engineering, sourcing & project management team
• Build and manage tender schedule, lead tender reviews, monitor and report on tender progress
• Identify and report on any issue or deviation to bidding strategy, propose mitigation actions based on experience and implement corrective action plans
• Establish the tender sourcing strategy in collaboration with technical team and sourcing team.
• Build up the cost estimate, ensure all costs are validated and adequate ricks provisions are considered for projects.
• Lead customer meetings and negotiations for HVDC CoE scope.
• Ensure adherence to tendering procedures and tools
• Propose and implement tendering process improvement
• Develop and maintain technical knowledge of products and solution, in order to better anticipate technical issues and elaborate mitigation actions.
• Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
• Must have substantial experience in a large international engineering projects environment
• Experience in successful management of complex tenders or projects
• Ability to lead contract negotiations with customers in an international environment
• Ability to work on very time constrained activities
• Knowledge of HVDC/FACTS applications is advantageous
• Willingness to travel outside of UK (at least once a month)
• Leadership potential and good organisational skills
• Customer orientated
• Good communication skills with Customers and internal stakeholders
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Locations: United Kingdom; Stafford