Sr Product Management Manager 3 - Product Manager
- GE Power
- Posted 5/17/2017 5:05:18 PM
- Job Function: Product Management
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): India; Noida
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Steam Turbine Portfolio within SPPS represents > $40MM + of annual revenue with a vision to grow > $100MM + and is in charge of strategy definition, implementation and business results for various platforms covering both OEM and target OOEM Steam Turbine fleets in Region India. The mission of Steam Portfolio is mentioned below:
• Develop and drive an integrated Platform Strategy to deliver Product strategy, Market Share growth targets, product orders, sales, profitability, fleet performance and cost and cycle times.
• Determine the product / platform service offer requirements.
• Identify opportunities, growth targets for OEM &Target oOEM
• Outage mapping across the region
• Develop and win Retrofit projects to increase installed base
• Drive speed & localization in the Region in co operation with all stakeholders
• Reduce product cost and lead time and thus position products to be more competitive in the marketplace
• Propose / innovate to define new products and push new products for the relevant platform into the NPI process in co-operation with other stakeholders
• Ensure link to customer outcomes and VOC. Lead operating rhythms to drive line of sight, and determine return on investments, Leverage Fastworks for targeted NPI
• Identify new offerings or sales opportunities as a result of fleet issues /events analysis
• Engage and collaborate with product line, regional/global sales and marketing, to ensure strategic alignment and achievement of operational objectives.
• Able to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers
• Integrity: accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
• Clear thinker with an ability to focus on the “critical few” issue/priorities. Able to communicate messages clearly and concisely. Ability to translate strategy into business objectives
• Knowledge of power plant economics and power industry market dynamics across Steam applications
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college. Minimum of 10 additional years of experience as a Product Manager.
The Portfolio Leader will be accountable for delivering the quarterly, annual and long term targets for the Steam business within Region India. He/she will drive cross-functional resources/teams to deliver results, lead long-term planning for the assigned platforms, manage complex issues including delivering programs to meet customer needs & cost targets, balancing investment trade-offs, maintaining competitive advantage and market leadership. The Portfolio has following three teams within the Steam Portfolio Manager:
Platform management: Delivering quarterly, annual and long term targets for the portfolio. Drive cross-functional teams to achieve results, lead long-term planning for the platform, meet customer needs & cost targets, maintaining competitive advantage and market leadership
Product Management: Using information from Market Analytics to propose and specify new products; establishing the business case for those products; manage stakeholder input to define the platform scope and applicable market.
Fleet Management: Collection, maintenance and analysis of OEM and allocated oOEM steam turbine fleet data in to support business including Identification of fleet weaknesses and recommendation of solutions and products of fleet issues.
ITR support (ITO + OTR) focus on customer satisfaction and margins, conducting business in a compliant manner and safely
• Disrupt competition with speed, technology, performance, software and cost focus, fast to tender and fast to execute
• Consider the installed base for OEM and oOEM
• Offer maximised local content
• Grow oOEM and R&M
• Support Combined Cycle Steam Tails
• Increase backlog
• Sell first Software
• Targetted IST fleet
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Locations: India; Noida