Principal Account Manager - Digital Sales Direct
- GE Digital
- Posted 5/17/2017 5:05:37 PM
- Job Function: Sales
- Business Segment: Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
Location(s): Republic of Korea; Seongnam
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Principal Account Manager–Digital Sales Direct will be responsible for identifying sales opportunities within existing and new accounts, identifying, managing and solving conflicts with clients and meeting time deadlines for customer accounts among other responsibilities in APAC. You will drive key activities, including prospecting, strategy planning, executive relationship development, discovery assessment, pilot and SmartStart programs, GE Digital ecosystem coordination, etc.
You will work closely with the other staff members in all GE businesses to drive and lead growth in service, software, and outcome-driven revenue generation. You will partner closely with leaders to drive the creation and development of an overall sales readiness vision in the context of our expanding global business.
In this role, you will:
• Develop a solution selling framework for GE business — tailor deal lifecycle, enablement deliverables, required resources, technology support, maturity model, sales methodology etc.
• Establish a deep understanding of customers’ business needs by creating value to customers for our solution footprint.
• Leverage the GE Store by coordinating across multiple GE divisions to solve customer challenges and enhance value and loyalty through the introduction of GE Corporate programs. (e.g. Industrial Internet, Minds + Machines)
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of agile methodologies and Devops process.
• Add value to the customer’s business and maintain a goal oriented approach to the business partnership.
• Demonstrate to customers how they benefit by partnering with GE and how our solutions deliver results.
• Aggressively develop and drive a sustainable commercial and solution strategy across multiple customer divisions and geographic poles that is aligned to the agreed account goals.
• Develop and execute an Account Playbook that formalizes the “go high / go low” strategy for the Enterprise account. Where applicable, develop a joint Governance process with executive sponsorship that aligns along the following pillars – Commercial, Product/Technology, Implementation and Support.
• Analyze sales pipeline and maintains an array of opportunities to ensure that sales goals are achieved.
• Actively grow and maintain a multi-year account plan that will be shared globally with parts of our business including Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Professional Services, and the Development teams to ensure coordination across the business.
• Ensuring a Professional Sales Experience for customers during all aspects of sales process and touch points including: Formal meeting agendas, formal follow-up stating sequence of events and next steps in writing, and issue resolution in a timely fashion.
• Formulate the winning proposals based on a cohesive strategy that leverages deep knowledge of industry, customer and GE product.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or related discipline
• 12+ years of software industry experience minimum with proven track record
• Technical background encompassing product development, Solution Architect.
• Background encompassing consultative selling techniques and proven experience in successful collaboration with partners
• Deep understanding of Change Management processes.
• Legal authorization to work in Singapore.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
• Must be able to travel 50% of the time
• Works with individuals across the GE businesses on how to use Big Data to collect and analyze market information as well as how to present analysis and recommendations to drive strategic commercial decisions
• Proactive in seeking out new digital platforms to drive deeper connections with customers – such as heat mapping existing relationships on LinkedIn to identify new sales opportunities, active in industry groups/blogs to gain exposure to target audiences and viewed as a domain expert
• Develops acceptable strategies to mitigate risks triggered in RFP's and/or customers' T&Cs while meeting GE business objectives.
• Leads the implementation of economic value selling throughout customer organization.
• Trains others on how to thoroughly analyze market data and present findings and recommendations in a way that is easy and simple for management to make decisions and act quickly; Links analysis to overall business objectives and strategies.
• Establishes trust and empathy as an advisor to the client; Works collaboratively in pursuit of discovery to define a desired business outcome while also uncovering unknown business outcomes the client has not previously considered; Ensures that a plan is laid out to accomplish all outcomes.
• Coaches and mentor’s others on how to collect, analyze, and share information about market trends and competitors to increase customer retention and attract new business; Proactively identifies trends via data analysis and makes strategic recommendations as appropriate.
• Leads the implementation of economic value selling throughout customer organization; Offers assistance and input to others across GE on this topic.
• Coaches and trains others on how to manage account relationships to proactively identify and address client needs and convert competitive installs to GE solutions.
• Establishes & communicates team members' roles in relation to their function and data; Shares knowledge, power and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill; Coordinates role responsibilities with that of others to achieve mutual goals; Encourages groups to work together to efficiently resolve problems.
• Able to consistently lead the process to develop winnable strategies; Creatively uses resources to anticipate and solve problems, resulting in innovative solutions that result in customer and GE satisfaction, and finds alternatives beyond the obvious; Keeps a broad perspective on the customer relationship and potential opportunities to increase customer loyalty.
• Develops and executes integrated, multi-faceted communications that provide the audience with concise facts; Addresses business concerns and presents the implications of various alternatives; Presents in a manner that is compelling, engaging and relevant to senior leadership and customers.
• Communicates effectively with multiple levels of a customer’s business; Understands where to have less interaction once high level relationships have been established; Earns the trust of customers’ executive managers after advancing through the ranks of mid to low level managers; Possesses the ability to glean information from a variety of non-executive level stakeholders to spawn new conversations at the executive level.
• Achieves and maintains direct involvement in customer discussions about expected business outcomes and benefits from the solution; advocates for the customer to have the right GE teams and capabilities in place to ensure critical success factors are met; Remains actively engaged until the customer realizes what the expected business benefits from the solution are and the necessary investment to achieve them.
Locations: Republic of Korea; Seongnam