GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more information, visit www.GEGridSolutions.com
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you! Role Summary:
A field (site) role that is undertaken on GE and customers' substations and construction sites to ensure all commissioning and installation activities of HV electrical plant and apparatus is carried out to the highest standards of Health, Safety and Quality and in a manner that safeguards the Environment. Essential Responsibilities:
• To ensure that all site commissioning activities are undertaken in full compliance with GE Grid and client policies and procedures, and UK (and international) legislation
• To test and commission installed and primary and secondary plant to ensure electrical integrity and performance when energised onto clients networks
• To effectively manage and supervise staff in order to execute projects in line with client and GE expectations, programmes and budget
• To ensure accurate on-site commissioning records, reports and quality documentation are created, filed and circulated in accordance with GE internal governance and GE quality plans
• To undertake a liaison role between the UK Service business and other BU ‘s and Product Units
• To effectively supervise, train and mentor GE staff in the role of Site Commissioning Engineer (where applicable)
• Promote safe working practices and continual improvement in site safely culture
• Responsible for the effective and efficient commissioning of substation installation and maintenance project, ensuring that agreed work is carried out in accordance with the pre-set time scales and costs
• Responsibility for the daily management and setting to work of commissioning field resource in order to maximize the potential for successful Project and/or Service delivery (when acting in a dual role of Site Manager/Supervisor)
• Responsible for raising and issue of Site Commissioning RAMS, Variations, NCR’s, TQ’s and Site Instructions. Informing Site Manager/Project Engineer of site commissioning variations
• Responsible for reporting to the Project Manager (and Commissioning Interface Manager) and on matters of resource requirements/utilisation, commissioning progress, commissioning and engineering issues, NCR’s, engineering contract variations (Informing Solutions Group) Site Manager/Project Engineer of site installation variations where applicable)
• Shared responsibility for evaluation, appraisals and reviews of GE technicians and apprentices Qualifications/Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent knowledge and experience (with proven years of experience in HV substation commissioning in a Services/Construction working environment).
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to work independently or a part of a team.
• Strong problem solving skills. Locations:
United Kingdom; Stafford, cross UK