GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Industrial Solutions, part of GE Energy Connections, empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. Industrial Solutions’ product and service solutions add to GE’s broader portfolio of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management, conversion and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries. To learn more, please visit: www.geindustrial.com.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you! Role Summary:
To manage the direct selling all GE IS products into new and existing OEM’s and panel builders Essential Responsibilities:
• Supporting the growth of our channel partners and existing customer base through regular face to face meetings and joint customer visits
• Presenting the GE product portfolio to new and existing customers at all levels
• Ensure that existing customers are updated with latest product developments
• Build long-term customer relationships
• Work closely with the internal sales support team to follow up on new sales leads and quotations
• Work closely with Local Product Management Team
• Design "Go-to Market" strategies to penetrate customers/markets and find potential growth opportunities. Lead the development of a growth playbook for the region in close collaboration with Country Sales Manager.
• Develop list of target accounts and define action plan for channel and region. Own and drive target pipeline development and execution
• Achieve the targeted sales for selected key accounts and work with the region to meet growth goals for the region.
• Develop and expand customer relationships by developing appropriate business solutions. Identify New Product Introduction/Business Development opportunities.
Role will be home based linked to our Leicester office Qualifications/Requirements:
• HNC/D or degree in Electrical Engineering preferred or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Solid experience of selling into the OEM panel builder market
• Sound understanding of electrical distribution and control products and their applications
• Experience and understanding of the drivers in selling directly and via distribution partners
• Able to understand the business dynamics, strategy and potential of customers and deliver the GE commercial offer.
• Confident, shows optimistic ’can do attitude’ and expresses strong belief in own ability to succeed.
• Proven organizational skills and planning ability.
• Proven success in converting OEM’s and panel builders to buy your product solutions
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to prepare and deliver presentations and quotations to a professional standard.
• PC literate for M/soft Office & M/soft Outlook. Knowledge of M/Soft Excel to intermediate level preferred.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
Able to demonstrate the four E’s which are important to a successful career in GE
• Personal Energy
• Energize customers and colleagues
• Bring a competitive Edge to the position
• Able to Execute both commercially and generally within the role Locations:
United Kingdom; Leicester