GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working Capital Solutions (WCS) leverages the financial solutions and industry expertise of GE Capital to offer Accounts Receivable management on a global basis to GE and its affiliates. We offer a full range of Accounts Receivable management capabilities, including financing and servicing solutions through our world class people, processes and technologies with over $62B receivables purchased annually and over $13B of assets managed, WCS provides credit and collections services through five Centers of Excellence and over 15 locations globally.
WCS is committed to employing a diverse workforce throughout the world, and to providing all employees with opportunities to reach their growth potential and contribute to the progress of the communities we serve.
Want to know what we’re working on at GE Canada? Visit www.gereports.ca.
GE Canada is recognized as one of the Top Employers for Young People in 2016.
To learn more about our Campus program please go to: www.campuscareers.ge.ca
GE – imagination at work
An Equal Opportunity Employer Role Summary:
GE Business: GE Capital, Working Capital Solutions
Duration: 8 months
Anticipated Start Date: Fall 2017
Number of positions: 1
Reporting to: Cash Applications Team Leader
Application Deadline: May 17th, 2017 Essential Responsibilities:
As the Cash Applications Intern you will be joining a fast-paced, energetic, creative and challenging environment as part of the Cash Applications team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced professionals within the field of Cash Applications. You will gain exposure supporting the Cash Team and assist the greater organization in achieving its annual goals and objectives as an active participant.
Nature of work:
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to);
• Day to day management of incoming customer receipts and posting to the appropriate customer account and invoices, system load and balancing.
• Follow up with credit and collections department and internal customers directly where necessary.
• Inspect cheques for date, currency, banking location, and amount.
• Transfer of work of receivables management to the GECARS platform (Accounts Receivable System).
• Helping in audit requirements, including Anti-Money Laundering researches.
• In addition, the role will include ad hoc tasks in support of the Working Capital Solutions collections team.
• Receive backup CDs of remittance details from banks such as Bank of America, PNC and RBC.
• Import and retain the encrypted data on the GE servers from the CDs for future retrievals.
• Maintain proper archives of the user id, password, and Bank lockbox # corresponding to GE Cars Lockbox # with respect to CDs.
• Properly pack and label the CDs in the boxes and send them to the storage, while keeping all their records.
• Provide remittance details such as check copies, invoice details saved on GE servers for cash control inquires.
• Retrieve check details from bank sites such as Bank of America and RBC.
• Provide wire details from GE Web Cash.
• Make a note on Scratch Pad for the related check/invoice copy.
• Explain the procedure of cash application to auditors, if needed.
• Create and maintain the Standard Operating Procedures for retention and retrieval of data for GE. Qualifications/Requirements:
Do you qualify? We are seeking…
• Individuals with less than 2 years of work experience (outside of co-op/internship/summer work experience)
• Ability to understand specific business objectives, priorities and key processes
• Adaptable to change, new priorities, deadlines and interruptions
• Experience with Microsoft Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook or comparable software application
• Demonstrated effective cash applications skills, with detail orientation.
• Comfortable with working with various Accounts Receivable systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Capable of resourceful problem solving, while remaining customer-focused.
• Demonstrated ability to improve processes within the scope of the role by close interaction with credit and collections team and Business Units
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities.
• Result oriented, able to succeed in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and cultivate long-term relationships at all levels of customer organizations
• Excellent team player
• University Bachelor or Master’s Degree, or College Diploma in course of completion in Commerce/Business (Accounting, Finance, Business Analytics, Business Administration, Operations) or equivalent related discipline
• Open to current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term
Candidates are to submit a cover letter and resume. It is a mandatory requirement that you identify your school, cumulative GPA, and anticipated graduation date as part of the application process.
Please note that this position does not provide a subsidy for relocation expenses.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in joining GE. Locations:
Canada; Ontario; Mississauga