Junior Mechanical Technician
- GE Power
- Posted 5/17/2017 5:07:58 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): Kuwait; Sulaibiya
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Mechanical Technician position includes, but not limits to, maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment of Ultrafiltration (UF)/ reverse osmosis (RO) plant. Reporting directly to the Mechanical Field Engineer or to the Maintenance manager in the absence of Field Engineer. In this role you will be also trouble shoot on mechanical problems and perform maintenance, repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions.
• Carry out over all preventive maintenance task and schedules in UF/RO facility.
• Troubleshooting malfunctions and operating defects and make the necessary repairs.
• Under the guidance of discipline responsible, to carry out related plant modification works.
• Replace and Install specified parts and/or make required adjustments.
• Execute required preventative maintenance procedures
• Ensures the equipment runs correctly during perform emergency repairs when required.
• Maintain & organize the tools regularly.
• On-call availability and shift work with various schedules may also be required.
• Maintain a good housekeeping and adhere EHS regulations and requirements.
• Mechanical Trade certificate/ITI.
• At least 3 years work experience in rotary equipment for water treatment /chemical/Oil refineries/power plants/RO plants.
• Experience in the rotary equipment like pumps, compressors, blowers, chemical transfer /dosing pumps overhauls & its spares replacement including alignment works.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English.
• Ability to work on prioritized & emergency needs of the plant maintenance.
• Ability to establish and maintain relationship with co-workers & supervisors.
• Experience in water/waste water treatment plant activities.
• Working experience in GCC country.
Locations: Kuwait; Sulaibiya