GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Part of a small team focusing on the supplier management process for approx. 50 suppliers, including supplier audit schedule, you will monitor supplier non-conformance performance, and drive root-cause analyses, corrective actions and process improvements to reduce the Number of Defects and Cost of Quality. You will use your experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term quality goals.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will communicate quality goals, plans, and processes for an area or product segment. In this role you will use your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term quality goals.
• Ownership of supplier management process for approx. 50 suppliers, including supplier audit schedule
• Regular reporting on supplier performance and supplier quality metrics
• Guarantor of full regulatory compliance in supplier management process
• Reporting to Supplier Quality Leader in Dowty and dotted line to local site Quality Manager Dowty Propeller
• Responsible for driving quality for assigned suppliers, improving quality performance via Quality Plan implementation
• Drive supplier selection through robust qualification processes
• Accelerate improvements in supplier quality and deliver value
• Develop positive relationships and work closely with Sourcing Leaders to manage and implement supplier/engineering changes, New Product Introductions, and transfers
• Interface with Suppliers and Supply chain to drive Quality improvements
• Deliver results as measured by key metrics, such as supplier yield, field cost, field defect rate, supplier quality plan engagement/effectiveness, and corrective & preventative action closure
• Drive improvements utilizing Supplier Scorecards and own Supplier audit, ensuring supplier compliance, and driving improvement plans
• Understand and drive Six Sigma quality internally and with suppliers
• Provide Quality Engineering expertise requiring advanced/specialized skills and a broad range of quality engineering expertise
• Provide technical expertise to customers/licensees in solving technical problems associated with test facilities
• Specify and develop product acceptance/test procedures that relate to a complex process (state-of-the-art) or highly complex product
• Drive investigations of quality problems
• Monitor supplier non-conformance performance, and drive root-cause analyses, corrective actions and process improvements to reduce the Number of Defects and Cost of Quality
• Work effectively with commercial, engineering and manufacturing teams to eliminate any barriers that may affect the quality and delivery of sourced components
• Execute the supplier selection process and supplier surveillance process
• Responsibility for Supplier quality on commodity level, responsibility for meeting Dowty requirements and on time deliveries
• Continuous quality improvement – ownership or suppliers QIPs
• Regular reporting on Supplier performance to senior leadership
• Maintenance and execution of supplier oversight
• Liaison with sourcing processes and procurement processes
• Responsibility for regulatory supplier compliance
• Responsibility for supplier rating
• Execution of corrective an improvement actions at suppliers
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/ college or equivalent with experience in Sourcing or Quality improvement role or equivalent knowledge & experience
• Experience in a Sourcing or Quality Improvement role
• Proven experience in sourcing, manufacturing quality or product engineering role
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Locations:
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to cope with multiple complex situations daily
• Negotiation expertise is preferred
• Willingness and ability to travel to Supplier locations
• Ability to lead and manage other members in the organization
United Kingdom; Gloucester