GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
To execute on a shift basis the day to day running of the Power Plant in keeping with the O&M contract, operating procedures and Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Operate the plant on a shift basis in a safe and efficient manner to ensure the performance guarantees as per the O&M contract by maximizing availability and optimizing efficiency. Cover absence where required on other shifts ensuring sufficient resources to start-up, operate and shutdown the plant. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Ensure that all work carried out is done within the Company’s Health and Safety rules and that the health and safety is not compromised by unsafe plant conditions. Implement emergency procedures when required.
• As an Authorized Person, apply isolations under the direction of the Senior Authorized Person which enables maintenance activities to proceed safely under the Permit to Work System
• Participate in all EHS activities and ensure all EHS requirements are strictly adhered to
• Ensure by the operation of the plant that the site environmental licenses are strictly complied with
• Ensure the necessary information for the electricity/trading system is passed to the relevant bodies in a timely and efficient manner enabling the cost effective and prudent dynamic operation of the trading system to the benefit of GE and the plant owner
• Maintain accurate and complete records of all plant operations in the relevant logs.
• Complete routine and adhoc reports on plant operations and procedural documentation as directed by the Operations Manager.
• To carry out routine plant inspections and first line maintenance work as instructed and to record any plant defects he finds during the course of his regular site rounds
• All other projects and tasks as assigned by Shift Team Leader and Operations Manager.
• Third level qualification (HETAC Level 6 Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or equivalent or Apprenticeship in a relevant area) or equivalent knowledge and experience Desired Characteristics:
• Microsoft Office
• Computer Literate
• EHS Awareness
• Team Player
• Interpersonal skills
• Flexible and responsive to change
• Previous experience within Power industry or similar industry would be advantageous Locations:
• Experience with Quality Standards/Systems would be beneficial.