Mechanical Field Service Technician
- GE Power
- Posted 5/17/2017 5:08:27 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): Kuwait; Sulaibiya
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Mechanical Field Service Technician will be reporting directly to the Mechanical Field Engineer or to the Maintenance Manager in the absence of Field Engineer. The position includes, but not limits to, maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment in Ultrafiltration (UF)/ reverse osmosis (RO) plant.
• Carry out all routine maintenance & repair for all mechanical equipment in UF/RO facility.
• Troubleshooting malfunctions and operating defects and make the necessary repairs.
• Under the guidance of discipline responsible, to carry out related plant modification works.
• To report and assist the mechanical Field Engineer on the accomplishment of all maintenance activities to allow the correct operation of the plant.
• To organize the work assigned with the definition of; Manpower, materials, tools and safety requirements.
• To ensure that all activities necessary to achieve the maintenance program are carried out in accordance with the project objectives schedule, cost and quality.
• To prepare report on the activities carried out & underlining the deficiencies correspond during the accomplishment of the task assigned.
• To define the list of the spare parts necessary for the operation of the pant.
• Coordinating with Operation Team for reduced downtime in operations due to maintenance.
• To analyze the routine check, the mechanical parameters and the problem coming from the equipment fault to define the corrective action.
• Replace and Install specified parts and/or make required adjustments.
• Ensures the equipment runs correctly during perform emergency repairs when required.
• On-call availability and shift work with various schedules may also be required.
• Follow the EHS (safety) requirements.
• Maintaining good housekeeping & safety follow-up in all works carried out at site.
• Diploma Engineer in Mechanical.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in maintenance work, preferably in water & waste water treatment plant/Desalination plant/RO plant/power/petroleum/chemical or any other continuous manufacturing process industry
• 3 years hands-on experience in overhauling, testing, repair and maintenance of all type rotating equipment such as pumps, compressors, blowers, chemical transfer/dosing pumps, gearboxes and associated items such seals, coupling, bearings, etc., including alignment works.
• Communicate effectively in written & spoken English.
• Knowledge on MS-OFFICE
• Work on prioritized & emergency needs of the plant maintenance.
• Ability to establish and maintain relationship with co-workers & supervisors.
• Experience in water/wastewater treatment plant activities.
• Working experience in GCC country.
• Ability to work in complete autonomy.
• Ability to lead a team of technicians & helpers.
• Capable of understanding the plant process & P&IDs to execute appropriate plant maintenance.
Locations: Kuwait; Sulaibiya