- GE Digital
- Posted 7/18/2017 11:49:49 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
In this role, you will work closely with customers to understand and define requirements, develop technical proposals, and set expectations for complex APM projects. You will act as the technical lead, as well as an individual contributor, on these engagements, contributing to software architecture design, development of software applications, and integration into enterprise systems while balancing scope versus project time and resource commitments
• Provide expert knowledge and experience to estimate the technical effort required to implement complex APM solutions.
• Identify components equipment of Electircal Power Generation,Oil&Gas, Healthcare, etc, map those components to GE Digital APM Software.
• Lead high level technical analysis activities, such as requirements gathering and gap analysis of user requirements.
• Lead definition of APM solution architectures and development of detailed design specifications.
• Contribute to and potentially lead the implementation of APM solutions utilizing GE APM Products. Own technical deliverables during the entire lifecycle of the projects.
• Engage throughout the full lifecycle of assigned projects, influencing decisions on architecture, design, and functionality to keep programs on track in terms of budget, time, and customer expectations.
• Effectively leverage product capability, driving standardization, limiting customization, and maximizing reuse of content developed for previous solutions.
• Establish broad review processes to improve and obtain support for the proposed solutions.
• Interact with Product Development Team, Commercial Team, Customers, Solution Providers (Partner / Integrators), and other cross-functional teams as required for the solution and implement processes to ensure best use of GE APM products and services to meet project requirements.
• Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with peers and team members as an inclusive leader, supporting pre-sale strategy, Services consulting efforts, and project execution.
• Effectively apply GE APM execution methodology and project standards.
• Maintain & continuously update technical skills and knowledge.
• Work independently as well as part of the team.
• Minimum Bachelor Degree, in Major Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Automation, Control etc.
• 3-5 years of equipment management experience, Preferred in Power, Oil&Gas, Chemical, Mining, Healthcare Equipment etc.
• Basic IT knowledge is required, including cloud, programming etc.
• Basic knowledge of Fault Diagnosis Algorithms.
• Experience in plant maintenance software is preferred
• Experience in 6 Sigma, Lean,5S or TPM is preferred.
• Applies architecture fundamentals in specific projects. Applies architecture development process & methods at various stages of the project lifecycle. Applies architecture adoption best practices on multiple programs.
• Ability to serve as a trusted technical advisor to maximize customer outcomes using out-of-box capabilities from our offerings and demonstrate a pragmatic capability to identify specific gaps to be filled via product roadmap or service tailoring. Develops strategy to leverage existing customer infrastructure and investments to streamline solution deployments both upstream and downstream. Possesses proven ability to deploy in both on premise and cloud based environments.
• Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve intermediate to advanced issues. Can isolate highly complex scenarios down to actionable items and drive solutions across disparate functions. Coaches others on troubleshooting and problem solving techniques.
• Acts as a resource for others in solution design. Knows best practices which result in higher adoption of solutions based on product capabilities. Ability to communicate product capabilities internally and in customer facing situations.
• Anticipates potential risks and obstacles and resolves proactively to ensure smooth project delivery. Maintains high levels of customer satisfaction across all projects. Addresses customer concerns quickly and effectively; at times, anticipates customer concerns before they become issues.
• Leverages knowledge of market and customer segment to establish further credibility in the eyes of the customer. Acts in a consultative capacity and is provided access to key decision makers throughout the customer account. Establishes strong relationship with key decision makers and other leaders at multiple levels within customer organization.
• Plans and facilitates collaborative discussions with client and others within GE to identity and prioritize client's overall business needs; able to guide discussions to identify customer buying habits and trends; collects and analyzes data related to customer's business needs and requirements
• Helps team members understand their contributions in support of the broader direction. Continuously measures the completion rate of personal and team deliverables and compares them to the scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives.
• Adjusts information (e.g. level of complexity) and story to align with audience. Produces functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
• Ensures balanced perspective on customer/function needs vs business goals. Provides transparency into problem solving approach and options. Demonstrates ability to determine fair and reasonable outcomes with shared tradeoffs.
• Initiative to cross boundaries and find solutions outside of immediate group.
• Demonstrated ability to define requirements and collaborate on solutions, leveraging personal technical knowledge and network of experts. Communication style encourages effective interaction with customer and cross-functional teams. Leverages knowledge of product capability to mitigate risk and drive desired outcome.
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai