At GE Aviation
, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re
manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation
teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest
problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our
culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber
talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products
or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and
advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for
generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
The Senior Commercial Counsel will contribute to define and implement, with the guidance of the General Counsel, the commercial legal strategies for GE Avio Aero. Main responsibilities will include contract review and customer-facing negotiation as well as forefront legal support on project execution, dispute management, and sourcing.
The successful candidate will develop and support strategies that are designed to meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within your area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategies.
In fulfilling these responsibilities, you will:
- Support commercial transactions as needed, by structuring, drafting and negotiating domestic and international commercial and financing agreements;
- Provide proactive legal advice to the business on a variety of operational issues such as contract execution and interpretation;
- Share lessons learnt across the GE Aviation legal community;
- Identify and provide advice on a variety of legal issues related to such transactions and the internal processes of GE Avio;
- Monitor commercial legal policies and procedures to ensure compliance;
- Identify training and development needs and deliver training on legal and contractual matters for commercial and sourcing teams;
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of relevant industry in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of GE Avio and help to differentiate GE Avio from the competition;
- Develop and support negotiation with suppliers;
- Handle legal escalations due to service delivery/quality issues and invoicing/payable issues, etc.;
- Support the finalization of research agreements with Universities and partnership on funded research activities;
- Support customer and business cost reduction and revenue increasing initiatives.
- Law degree from a highly respected university with superior academic record;
- Qualified in a Member State of the European Union;
- Strong practice post qualification experience either in a major international law firm, with major emphasis on commercial transactions;
- Team player, capable of operating as a member of a cross-functional business team, in a matrix environment of a big global company;
- Able to handle multiple priorities and assignments in a time pressured environment;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Availability to travel up to 25% of working time;
- Fluency in English and Italian (additional languages appreciated);
- EU Work Permit.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and business judgment;
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills, charisma, decisiveness, poise;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong written communication skills, especially persuasive writing;
- Proven ability to develop process-driven solutions to recurring issues;
- Ability to relate across cross functional teams and to convince and reach agreement in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to work in a complex and matrix organization in a collaborative and boundary-less manner and to simultaneously manage numerous and varied tasks and to exercise sound judgment in prioritizing among them.
Italy; Rivalta di Torino