Staff Software Engineer
- GE Digital
- Posted 7/20/2017 11:50:26 AM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
Location(s): India; Hyderabad
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for leading the development of Digital Solar product. designing and programming a end-end module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Leads design discussion and collaborate across Customers, Subject Matter Experts , Product development and global engineering teams.
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members.
• Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
• Demonstrates the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment.
• Understands whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module.
• Helps in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules. Serves as subject matter expert (SME) on one or more major modules.
• Possesses advanced domain knowledge and shows great customer focus.
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
• Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes.
• Helps define his or her own role in the delivery of the product/service design.
• Articulates the need for scalability and understands the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Drives design reviews, defines interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs.
• Expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices.
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language chosen.
• Drives functional design and implementation on one or more major modules.
• Serves as SME and works closely with support and infrastructure services in troubleshooting customer and operational issues.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 8 years of professional experience
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
• (If there is Back-End) Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), using Apache Commons Suite & Maven, SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
• Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration and Data)
• Experience with Big Data / Hadoop and NoSQL Database is a big plus
• (If there is Front-End) Hands-on experience with web development using HTML5, Java Script, jQuery, CSS. Also, experience in implementing Java OSGi modules and using an OSGi container.
• Experience with Play framework, Angular is a big plus
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
Locations: India; Hyderabad