Commissioning Engineer Electrical
- GE Power
- Posted 5/17/2017 5:13:03 PM
- Job Function: Project Management
- Business Segment: Power Steam Power Systems
Location(s): Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur
Steam Power Services: Headquartered in Baden, Switzerland, Steam Power Systems combines unmatched expertise with the broadest range of technologies to help customers deliver sustainable and reliable power around the world. We set the standard for efficient power generation from coal, oil, nuclear, and biomass by providing exceptional performance over the life of a power plant.
The commissioning engineer performs the cold and hot communication activities has instructed by his/her lead ComLe, in a safe manner, according to the quality rules in force on the project and the project schedule. The ComE is responsible for the preparation and execution of the commissioning, trial run, acceptance testing and inspection/measurements within his/her scope of work defined by the ComLe.
- The personnel assigned to him/her are fully acquainted with the site specific rules, safety regulations and environmental protection measures and that they perform their work accordingly.
- All available tools and aids are utilized in order to achieve the goals of his/her assignment and, as well, to strive for continuous product improvements and cost reduction.
- All activities not identified in the standard or specific commissioning procedures are carried out under PTW, according the site regulations.
- When acting in the role of Authorised person PTW process, he is responsible for securing and confirming all TIP isolations.
- Deviations from the agreed goals are reported and that corrective measures are initiated by arrangement with, and with the support of, the ComLe.
- A performance feedback of all employees assigned to him/her is made to the ComLe.
- Commissioning is performed in a safe and timely manner.
- Prepare for commissioning as specified in the work instructions.
- Manage, perform, coordinate and monitor the commissioning of the specified systems by arrangement with the ComLe.
- Organise and supervise the safe operation of the plant (site rules, safety regulations, shift plan, shift log, etc.) from system turnover from erection until PAC by arrangement with the ComLe.
- Facilitate the turnover of systems from erection to commissioning and from commissioning to the customer in accordance with current procedure/work instruction by arrangement with the ComLe.
- Perform commissioning according to the specifications and engineering documents, taking into account the safety instructions, site regulations, environmental protection measures and local regulations.
- Ensure that the engineering department is involved in handling technical problems and decisions by arrangement with the ComLe.
- Ensure the commissioning, operation, quality record and feedback documentation are issued.
- Hand over the commissioning, quality and feedback documentation and software (originals) with a document list to the ComLe for compiling and release.
- Ensure that technical deviations are reported with a corresponding non-conformance report (NCR) and that the same are followed up until their completion.
- Keep a diary to record daily work, occurrences, problems, special information, etc. plus a list of pending items.
- Maintain logbooks to record commissioning and operational events as specified in the work instructions by arrangement with the ComLe.
- Advise the ComLe of any information that could influence the commissioning time schedule and/or the commissioning staff planning.
- Manage, assess, supervise and co-ordinate personnel assigned to him/her, ensure his compliance with the EHS rules deployed on site.
- Manage the handling and inspection of the commissioning test equipment.
- Support and train other ComE’s assigned to him/her.
- Participate in site meetings by arrangement with the ComLe.
- Train the customer staff in operation and maintenance as instructed by the ComLe.
- Check the time sheets of the personnel assigned to him/her and forward the same to the ComLe.
- Work off the open item lists of systems under his/her responsibility by arrangement with the ComLe.
- Organise the return of all commissioning test equipment as soon as possible by arrangement with the ComLe.
- Provide information to the ComLe for reporting purposes.
- Provide, by assignment completion, a Field Service Report and forward the same to the COMM and ComLe.
- Provide, on request, technical experience feedback to project engineering departments during debriefing meeting(s) to be organised by the project.
- University degree or technical qualification in engineering related field.
- Coal or Gas fired Plant Commissioning engineer experience,MV/LV switchgear, Transformer and etc
- Commissioning experience,Generator Circuit Breaker, Protection & - Generator knowledge an added advantage.
- Field experience and willing to work overseas for at least 5 years.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- EHS passport ABEC + AIEP.
- Strong dedication to reach the project objectives.
- A good team player.
- Able to handle the pressure.
- Leadership traits.
Locations: Malaysia; Kuala Lumpur