Sr Sourcing Manager 3 - Sourcing & Programs - MMF
- GE Global Growth Organization
- Posted 5/17/2017 5:13:50 PM
- Job Function: Sourcing
- Business Segment: Global Growth Organization India
Location(s): India; Pune
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Sourcing Leader for MMF plant will have end-to-end responsibility of driving Sourcing Strategy and ensuring fulfillment of the plant needs. With a team of commodity & quality professionals, this role will be responsible for programs to manage full spectrum of process, systems & operations for sourcing. , will be responsible for successful delivery of manufacturing programs across Renewables,Aviation Oil & Gas & other business planning,designing,proactively monitoring progress, resolving issues.
You will work with diverse teams to ensure delivery of products, resolving commercial situations, building strong trust-based relationships within key stake-holders, suppliers & extended team. Work to further carve out synergy and spot productivity opportunities, identify goals and support their execution.
• Influence & drive alignment for program and sourcing strategy for products in consultation with business stakeholder and sourcing leaders
• Work collaboratively with stakeholders across locations to ensure business objectives are met thru timely decision-making, resource deployment & adequate oversight
• You will demonstrate leadership in communicating and executing business goals, programs, processes , local/global strategies.
• Ensure adequate & timely planning of resources in coordination with supplier quality team for completion of supplier evaluation & qualification activities
• Develop positive relationships and work closely with Finance, Legal, Compliance & other functions as required to deliver on sourcing outcomes.
• Build, update & maintain appropriate tracking & monitoring mechanisms as appropriate to the stage of the Program.
• Highlight any issues in such coordination to drive resolution by consultation or appropriate escalation
• Be a key advisor to the Sourcing leader on decision-making including support in representing the team to GE India & Global leadership.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent, from a reputed institute
• Minimum 10 years of experience, with a significant portion in Sourcing / Manufacturing/ Program Management
• Demonstrated success in delivering results in a similar and demanding environment
• Ability to influence wider team, strong communication skills & drive
• Effective problem solving skills to lead and influence others to drive change (cross-functionally and globally)
• Excellent analytical skills complimented by the ability to build & manage complex, spreadsheet-based program management tools & trackers
• Ability to coach, motivate & lead the team by example to deliver results in a fast-paced, NPI environment.
• Good verbal, written communication skills complimented by strong presence & presentation skills.
Locations: India; Pune