Senior Manufacturing & Services EHS Manager
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/17/2017 5:13:53 PM
- Job Function: Environmental Health & Safety
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Surface
Location(s): Saudi Arabia; Dammam
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The GE Manufacturing & Services EHS Manager will be responsible for the overall EHS performance and improvement for the site and associated distributed operations. The EHS Manager will work directly with the Manufacturing Site and Services Shop Leaders, Facility managers and Product Line Leaders to ensure the alignment of strategies and EHS Priorities.
Provide environmental, health and safety leadership to efficiently manage all EHS programs and compliance requirements. Duties include, but are not limited to, providing EHS leadership for transfer of work project activities, management of EHS staff, managing permit compliance and driving FW 2.0 Compliance across all product lines as one program
Create a Manufacturing & Services EHS culture with increased communications & openness to learn.
Execute on customer engagement partnership opportunities
Plan and implement strategic EHS initiatives, identify operational best practices and effectively implement GE EHS management systems across multiple PL entities working in the same facility
Drive operational effectiveness for EHS programs, including continuous improvement in procedures and tools to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, effective utilization of GE Life Safety Principals, best practices, and enhanced productivity
Participate as a key member of the regional leadership team, driving compliance solutions, strategy, EHS simplification and EHS operating rhythms.
Vigorously lead/drive EHS operationalization and accountability to all employees.
Enable business growth by leading risk mitigation and EHS productivity enhancements aligned with the business direction.
Champion incident/accident investigation processes and drive closure of corrective actions.
Supervise and mentor two EHS professionals to implement EHS management system and develop high performing EHS teams to operationalize EHS ownership.
Perform program reviews, EHS assessments and drive closure of corrective actions to ensure compliance, and continuous improvement.
Deliver OneEHS training courses to increase EHS knowledge throughout the facility.
Leverage analytics and HiPo/PSE model to determine prevention action focusing on high risk operations including Electrical safety, pressure testing and lifting operations.
Build strong relationships with regional OneEHS teams to leverage and implement best practices at a regional level.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, preferably Engineering.
• 8-15 years of demonstrated technical and EHS management systems experience.
• Proven Track record of EHS culture change in a dynamic and fast paced operation,
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong quantitative and data analysis skills
• Strong project management and process improvement skills
• Six Sigma training is preferred
• Ability to motivate in a cross-functional, multi-site, global team environment
• Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Locations: Saudi Arabia; Dammam