About Us: GE Healthcare
provides transformational medical
technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable
healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough
challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery,
biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps
medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.Learn
More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE
Customized Bioprocess solution (CBS) is an organisation within Life Sciences Biotechnologies delivering customized bioprocess hardware, where each customer order becomes a project with resources from project management, lead system design, detailed design, manufacturing transfer, sourcing and verification. CBS is now looking for a Lead System Designer.
As a Lead system designer at CBS you will be working primarily in customer projects where you will have responsibility over the quality and functionality of the customized Bioprocess Product, including specifications, component & equipment selection and regulatory compliance. At the end of the project the Customer will perform an acceptance test of the equipment at our facility where you will represent the design team and support the customer with technical knowledge.
At CBS you will be working in a project team consisting of ~ 8-10 persons from different disciplines. Our customers are located worldwide and ~2-5 travels per year is required as well as some early or late conference calls depending on projects and region. A typical CBS project is approximately 5-8 month.
- Read customer specification and translate this into specifications and designs
- Perform design reviews internally and externally with the customer
- Coordinate design activities between functions (Mechanical and Automation design)
- Ensure regulatory compliance of your products
- Act as a support function for manufacturing and Verification
If you have any questions regarding the positions, please contact recruiting manager Joakim Eklund +46 18 6121214
- MSc or BSc with engineering, physics or Biotechnology focus.
- Fluently in English written and oral.
- Significant years of previous documented experience within product development or process development with technical interest.
- Project management skills (Basic – Moderate)
- Previous experience from regulatory controlled environments
- Enjoy working in smaller teams
- Verbal and Communicative
- Quality focused with experiences from CAPA investigations (Corrective Actions and Preventive Actions) or Technical investigations and reports.
Locations: Sweden; Uppsala