GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE’s Gas Power Systems business is the global industry leader in efficient, reliable, and cost-effective conversion of fuel to power, serving a wide range of applications from small, mobile power to highly efficient, utility scale power plants. With our substantial technology heritage and the largest delivered fleet of gas turbines of any provider in the world, our specialized plant solutions address unique customer challenges, providing increased performance, fuel efficiency, lower emissions and operational flexibility.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The SAP Lead– Project Systems will be responsible for leading process and system design for the areas of Projects, Finance and Controlling. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within area of expertise, and own the Global design and deployment of the Projects & Financial management space.
As the SAP Solution Architect – Project Systems, you will:
- Partner with Gas Power Systems (GPS) - Process Excellence, Finance teams to develop a Global Design and deployment for the Global SAP Program in the areas of Projects Execution and Finance
- Serve as an architect for the Projects, Finance and Controlling global solution
- Be responsible for schedule, scope, quality, and resource requirements
- Support, advise, assist, guide, and resolve problems for business partners and program team members
- Design and Build a global solution, in line with Corporate Enterprise Standards (ES) as well as additional standards required by GE Power and other Shared Services teams
- Ensure conformance to system architecture, standards, and practices
- Act as a change agent for business processes
- Stay current with enabling technologies and work as a partner to promote their use
- Coordinate outsourced supplier efforts as required
- Lead in the evaluation / implementation of third party software solutions
- Develop peer, cross-functional and cross-GE business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness to deliver and support quality initiatives
- Coordinate with legacy system team on data conversion strategy and execution
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the SAP ERP application as Lead / Principal Consultant in SAP Modules such as PS, S&D, FI & CO
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Implementations of SAP ERP in PS, S&D Modules
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
Will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job Desired Characteristics:
- Full system development life cycles hands-on experience: Analysis, designing, coding, testing, performance tuning and documentation
- Minimum of 10 years of experience information technology
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in SAP ERP
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) to drive conversations with the business units on required functional needs
- Strong prioritization skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently on parallel efforts
- Able to bridge communication between technical areas and business areas for a full and complete understanding of expectations
- Ability to quickly identify and analyze technical risks & impacts, define alternatives to remove technical roadblocks
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables independently in a fast paced ecosystem
- Highly motivated, Self-starter
- Experience in SAP integration with multiple legacy system landscapes and third party systems (i.e. SFDC, PLM, Primavera etc.)
- Experience implementing Global SAP ERP with Corporate Enterprise Standards
- Experience with other SAP ECC 6.0 modules
- Exposure to new technologies such as mobility integration
- Experience working with globally distributed teams and working with multi-cultural environment
- Experience implementing ERP solutions in tax complex countries
- Global ERP rollout experience
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: Switzerland, United States; Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, New York, South Carolina; Schenectady, Atlanta, Greenville, Van Buren, New Orleans, Baden