GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE Role Summary:
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer responsible for meeting the daily service repair needs of customer’s equipment for our MR products. Based in the South East of the UK the role requires excellent communication skills combined with engineering experience. Join the GE team! Essential Responsibilities:
• Maintain all models specific to a modality in the assigned area. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Perform total system level trouble-shooting on complex multi-symptom problems.
• Maintain daily interface with doctors and technicians on equipment status issues, to ensure satisfaction of primary customers.
• Assist in Account Sales visits, help train others where necessary, and identify Sales opportunities and communicate them to account team.
• Assist in the growth and direction of business in geographic area.
• Responsible for Warranty and PMS contract cost control.
• Responsibly complete all administration tasks on time (e.g., ensure timely completion of FMI’s and PMS inspections documentation for assigned accounts).
• Play a leading role in complex and multifunctional rooms.
• Share best practices.
• Maintain effective quality systems and programs compliant with ISO 9001 standard, according to the GE Service Quality Policy Statement.
• Qualified engineer or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Technical and analytical skills, with Field Services experience.
• Knowledge of MR.
• Based in South East of the UK or willing to relocate.
• Valid driving licence and willingness to travel.
• Proficiency in English.
• Ability to work designated shift patterns, including scheduled "out of hours work" (2pm-10pm M-F, 1x per month) and scheduled weekends (1 in 4).
• Strong customer skills and deals tactfully and effectively with differences of opinion (e.g., influences rather than directs).
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website