Sr Software Engineer
- GE Digital
- Posted 5/17/2017 5:15:53 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Applications
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE Digital is helping to transform GE itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company. We'll help GE and our customers drive greater asset reliability, lower their operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix industrial cloud platform and software solutions.
The success of diversity at GE reflects the integrity of our leadership and builds a strong foundation for future leaders to continue our tradition of inclusiveness. By bringing individuals, cultures and ideas together we build a stronger company and a better world
GE will be the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Each digital invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry.
• What product line you’ll be leading ?
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for contributing to customer adoption and front end & back end development of SaaS based product on Predix – GE’s Industrial IOT Platform
GE APM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkw9X4jobB8
GE Digital: https://www.youtube.com/user/industrialinternet
GE is an equal opportunity Employer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0qkWRqTdM
1) As the Senior Software Engineer for product adoption, you will be responsible to execute multiple activities including product engineering services, engineering solutions and architecture, requirement analysis, design, implementation and project management of SaaS based product in global team.
2) In order to accelerate product adoption, you will provide inputs to pre-sales teams in the region, work with internal/external customer teams to deliver POCs, validate new technologies to meet customer needs and provide customer feedback to product engineering.
3) You will work with senior technical leaders in the team and work under their guidance. You would be required to understand various edge to cloud technologies for the SaaS product.
4) You are required to participate actively in Scrum team following Agile/TDD/BDD approach. You need to support regular trainings, Dojo’s and demos to help developers come on board with the products features and technologies.
• Core Responsibilities:
1) Works mostly independently and is able to proactively provide clarity to multiple stakeholders to ensure customer success. Drives open and timely communication and coordination.
3) Serves as technical subject matter expert (SME) for some product modules.
4) Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions. Expert in product solutioning, debugging and skilled in build, release & deployment processes.
• Technical Expertise:
1) At least 2 years of experience with Saas / PaaS services.
2) Strong knowledge of OO Analysis & Design, Cloud Foundry, Spring, Java, PostGres, AngularJS, Kafka/RabbitMQ and Microservices is expected.
3) Exposure to edge technologies (controls and embedded software, various communication protocols, m2m communication etc) would be a big plus.
• Years of Experience:
A minimum of 7 year(s) of professional experience in software engineering with a Bachelor's Degree OR a Master's Degree.
1)Promotes transparency by proactively sharing design choices with appropriate audiences, with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
2)Demonstrates the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment module.
Locations: India; Bangalore