17015 Aldine Westfield Road, Houston, TX 77073
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
Baker Hughes Incorporated, a global leader in the oilfield services industry, has an opening for an Internal Audit Intern to be located in Houston, TX.
Internal Audit’s mission is to develop future leaders of the Company by exposing our team members to a wide range of the Company’ strategic policies and processes, providing Baker Hughes management an independent evaluation and assessment of the financial statements, business controls, automated systems and processes. This role is for an aspiring student eager to learn all aspects of the oil and gas services industry, allowing them to interact with personnel at all levels and functions within the organization - including executive management – with the desire to spend a percentage of their time in world travel.
You will be part of a high performing team that solves complex problems while delivering assurance and consulting services for the Company globally. Project assignments include financial and operational audits, value-added consulting engagements in areas such as manufacturing, logistics management, procurement and invoicing and/or other compliance and controls related projects as requested by management.
- Execute financial and operational assurance and consulting engagements worldwide
- Develop an understanding of processes, risks and opportunities through research and interviews with subject matter expert employees
- Design and perform data analytics and other procedures to meet engagement objectives
- Develop sound recommendations for improvements to controls and business processes
- Communicate recommendations to all levels of management through presentations and report writing
- Document work performed to support conclusions and recommendations
In addition to fluency in English (assessment of your English proficiency may be part of the selection process) and the legal right to work in the country in which you have applied without company sponsorship or time restriction, you will need to be:
- Maintaining a current minimum grade point average of 2.75 or equivalent
- Currently in your penultimate year of study
- In a 4 year degree program in a Business Administration, or other technical field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc. Advanced PC skills, including Word and Excel
- Intellectual curiosity and a commitment to personal development
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Strong technical, analytical and decision making skills
- Professional assertiveness and strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Desire to pursue the CPA or CIA certification
Evidence of paid or unpaid work
Involvement in student societies or volunteer work
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers’ expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company’s 58,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes’ technology centers in the world’s leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production, and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes’ century-long history, visit http://www.bakerhughes.com/
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer.