Lead Steam Turbine DCS Commissioning Engineer
- GE Power
- Posted 5/18/2017 3:32:36 PM
- Job Function: Project Management
- Business Segment: Power Steam Power Systems
Location(s): India; Aurangabad
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The I&C – DCS/TGC commissioning engineer performs cold and hot communication activities for instrumentation , Alspa DCS, and and TGC for STG control system in a power plant , in a safe manner, according to the quality rules in force on the project and the project schedule.
He shall be familiar with Alspa, using engineering tools ( Controcad) for site tuning/modification , as well as for Field instrumentation setting and testing ( Hart, protocol, etc).
The I&C / Alspa DCS/ TGC Commissioning engineer ensures that:
• Study, review and correct logic and hardware documentation (SAMA, PFUPs, Wiring Diagrams,…)
• Implement modification using engineering tools (Controcad)
• Loop checks
• Instrumentation setting and testing (Hart, protocol, …)
• Perform elementary tests, then functional and sequence tests
• Tune and monitor both closed and open loop functions
• Coordinate with DCS for comprehensive tests
• Troubleshooting both hardware and software problems/incidents
• Fill in test sheets and ITPLs and create reports
• Inter-change with client and third parties
• Familiar with P320, and other industrial advanced control systems, PLC’s, DCSs, motor controls, etc
• Establish, develop and execute Site Acceptance Tests ( SAT)
• Participate and assist factory testing on control panels (FAT) – for TGC/DCS/Generator control panel.
• Knowledge of software and hardware of numerous PLC based Control/Monitoring systems, ABB, Allen Bradley, PC3000, etc
• Knowledge in all instruments disciplines including Digital/Analogue Electronics, pneumatics, Hydraulics,a nd process control, pressure, Temperature, Flow and level.
• Conducting tests and repairs on plant instrumentation and control systems.
• Provide technical supports for process commissioning engineer
• Complete I/O Checks, instrument configuration and required documentation for project
• Investigate and trouble shoot electrical control issues with the commissioning team
• Participate in Hazop Studies, and providing support in the instrumentation for procurement and construction activities.
• Commission and trouble shoot conventional IO, Hart and fieldbus Instruments loops.
• Develop instrument indexes and IO Point assignments.
• The personnel assigned to him/her are fully acquainted with the site specific rules, safety regulations and environmental protection measures and that they perform their work accordingly.
• All activities not identified in the standard or specific commissioning procedures are carried out under PTW, according the site regulations.
• A performance feedback of all employees assigned to him/her is made to the COMM
• Commissioning is performed in a safe and timely manner.
• Prepare for commissioning as specified in the work instructions.
• Developing commissioning plans, testing procedures, protocols, and reports
• Facilitate the turnover of systems from erection to commissioning and from commissioning to the customer in accordance with current procedure/work instruction by arrangement with the COMM.
• Ensure that the engineering department is involved in handling technical problems and decisions by arrangement with the COMM.
• Ensure the commissioning, operation, quality record and feedback documentation are issued.
• Hand over the commissioning, quality and feedback documentation and software (originals) with a document list to the COMM for compiling and release.
• Ensure that technical deviations are reported with a corresponding non-conformance report (NCR) and that the same are followed up until their completion.
• Keep a diary to record daily work, occurrences, problems, special information, etc. plus a list of pending items
• Manage, assess, supervise and co-ordinate personnel assigned to him/her, ensure his compliance with the EHS rules deployed on site.
• Manage the handling and inspection of the commissioning test equipment.
• Support and train other ComE’s assigned to him/her.
• Participate in site meetings by arrangement with the COMM.
• Train the customer staff in operation and maintenance as instructed by the COMM.
• Check the time sheets of the personnel assigned to him/her and forward the same to the COMM.
• Work off the open item lists of systems under his/her responsibility by arrangement with the COMM.
Education & Trainings
Bachelor / Master degree in engineering related field
• Be familiar with Alspa, and other industrial advanced control systems, PLC’s, DCSs, motor controls, Instrumentation
• Knowledge in Digital systems architecture, digital logic and computer studies.
• Knowledge in Electronics
• Knowledge of Programing and Algorithmic
• Knowledge of Real Time systems
• Knowledge in Networking and field buses
• Experience with steam steam turbines and generators controls
• Proven experience in commissioning in EPC projects
• Familiar with field bus and HART communication Protocol.
• Familiar with the hardware and software tools available for testing and diagnostics.
• Knowledge of Database
Experience gained on the job during professional life : more than 8 years of experience
• Strong dedication to reach the project objectives
• Very good team spirit and Team Player
• Able to handle the pressure
Locations: India; Aurangabad