GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GECAS is the U.S. and Irish commercial aircraft financing and leasing business of GE. It is the global leader in aircraft financing, offering the widest range of aircraft types from helicopters to wide body jets and financing options including operating leases and secured debt financing. With 40+ years of industry experience, GECAS currently leases more than 1,570 aircraft to over 235 customers in 75 countries and also provides productivity solutions including spare engine leasing, aviation consulting services, and spare parts financing and management. A unit of GE Capital, GECAS stays close to its customers with offices in 24 cities around the world. (www.GECAS.com)
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Responsible for supporting the finance systems initiatives. Provide support services for financial applications to the finance community within agreed time frames and quality criteria. Maintain systems and drive enhancements within agreed timelines.
The successful applicant will be an integral part of the business finance team, managing the business Oracle finance processes, and driving simplification across the system.
• Participate in finance system initiatives/implementations.
• Analyze data and test system enhancements or changes to finance systems.
• Run daily, monthly, quarterly, or yearly routine maintained checks including testing and reconciliations.
• Provide user support by understanding the systems and procedures to ensure timely problem resolution and to minimize service interruptions.
• Manage the month end, quarter end and year end Oracle close processes, ensuring files are submitted on time Run daily, monthly, quarterly, or yearly routine maintained checks including testing and reconciliations.
• Defines detailed functional and technical specifications required to satisfy business requirements for programs, projects, and releases.
• Manage the first line support point person for Oracle Applications General Ledger, Oracle Discoverer, GL Interfaces, Oracle reporting and related business process activities.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent knowledge and experience. Some years of finance or finance systems experience.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient use of financial systems and Microsoft Office (e.g.. Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Expertise in Oracle E-Business Suite – General Ledger module, Oracle Discoverer.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent knowledge and experience. Locations:
• Financial services industry experience.
• Financial Management Program (FMP) grad, Corporate Audit Staff (CAS) grad or Information Management Program (IMLP) grad or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Must submit application for employment through COS (internal candidates) or www.gecareers.com (external candidates) to be considered for this position.
• Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification and background check.
• Must be willing to travel up to 5% of the time