About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
The Strategic Sourcing Intern will be in charge of assisting/supporting the procurement team while preparing and executing “Buy strategy” for LATAM Subsea & Offshore tender/ bids. Essential Responsibilities:
- • Send RFQ to local and international suppliers and follow up, in accordance to Commercial team and Customer needs/ expectation;
- • Interface with Engineering, ITO/ Sales, Manufacturing, Planning/ Project Management, Finance and Quality;
- • Identify cost out opportunities within supply chain and develop them with support from Supplier Quality Engineer;
- • Develop and establish a routine/KPIs with internal customers;
- • Responsible for Sourcing Balance Scorecard and daily reports;
- • Coordinate the quotations received from suppliers;
- • Negotiate price and schedule with suppliers, ensuring the best cost for GE.
- • Bachelors' degree in Engineering (preferable Production or Mechanical);
- • Fluent English language;
- • Good interpersonal skills;
- • Advanced level in Office (mainly excel).
- • Able to navigate in a multi-cultural environment;
- • Creative and curious;
- • Analytical mind;
- • Good convincing and influencing skills;
- • Previous experience/knowledge of manufacturing process (forging, tempering, machining).