About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Develop, plan, and provide technical support for the introduction of new MRI gradient coil assembly processes and technologies. Provide support for implementing improvements to existing products that enhance performance, reliability, or reduce cost. Interface with internal and external counter-parts to achieve program goals and integrate global activities.
• Conducts research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new processes.
• Prepares technical reports as a result of research and development and preventive maintenance investigations.
• Establishes assembly and manufacturing procedures to guide production and electrical assemblies to specification restrictions.
• Work with teams located on other sites to convert procedures and instructions from English to Spanish
• Evaluates new developments in assembly, heavy wire winding, brazing and soldering, vacuum/pressure potting tooling and equipment and experience with room temperature and elevated temperature potting resins.
• Directs and coordinates technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure workers' compliance with established assembly procedures.
• Preparation/presentation of design and analysis reports.
• Coordinate cross-functional design, analysis, and testing of MRI gradient coils
• Support manufacturing lean initiatives.
• Provide creative solutions to unstructured product and system design issues from both factory and field.
• Participate in many phases of the product development life cycle, from concept and product specification generation, to manufacturing ramp up and manufacturing production support, optimizing functionality, manufacturability, reliability, serviceability and cost.
• Participate in product safety, cost out, cycle time reduction and quality enhancement projects.
• Support the manufacturing plant and the Installed Base
• Support and comply with the quality and safety goals of GE Healthcare (GEHC).
•B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics or Related Field.
• 2+ years of experience with manufacturing or engineering product development.
• Familiar with manufacturing processes such as heavy equipment mfg., assembly technology, materials technology and manufacturing methods technology.
• Hands on hardware experience with mechanical or electrical assemblies and tooling.
• Ability to work with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams.
• 5+ years of experience with design, development and manufacturing of complex fabricated assemblies.
• Experience specifying large scale tooling, or tooling design.
• Direct design experience of electro-magnetic resin impregnated coils
• Understanding of vacuum impregnation processes and the associated hardware
• Familiar with wet winding and FRP tube manufacture
• Flexibility in handling challenging, multi-tasking workload.
• Experience in numerical analysis tools and optimization methods
• Leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Capability to generate innovative concepts
• Statistical analytical skills.
• Fluent Spanish speaker
Locations: Mexico; Monterrey