GE Global Operations is GE's multi-functional shared services organizations focused on delivering better outcomes at lower cost for our businesses and our customers. The strong partnership between Global Operations and GE Businesses creates a collaborative work culture and broadens best practice and industry knowledge sharing across the enabling functions. We believe that by keeping GE customers at the heart of everything we do, we will help GE work smarter, better and faster, allowing GE businesses to be more competitive in the global marketplace.We are teams of functional process and domain experts, focused on the solutions that deliver results for the company. We think Big, we act as One, We deliver with Speed ... so GE Works. Role Summary:
The Lead Sourcing Specialist is responsible for identifying and executing sourcing policy for Crotonville, globally. The position negotiates with suppliers to achieve the best contractual conditions while also ensuring internal customer satisfaction. Essential Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Crotonville global sourcing team by translating the business requirements (SOWs) as input to the Crotonville strategy
- Lead the execution of the Crotonville sourcing strategy; deliver a competitive advantage by driving the strategic supplier initiatives, selection, development, and consolidation to ensure optimal business performance, globally
- Partner with key global Crotonville business stakeholders to ensure sourced material and services meet the needs of the business
- Collaborate with the Crotonville global sourcing team to ensure supplier quality and delivery performance needs are met and improvement strategies are implemented
- Collaborate with sourcing business leaders to execute negotiation on specifically assigned commodities
- Collaborate with category management team on business strategy towards proper contract negotiations
- Execute across the purchase base, with full accountability for meeting deflation (savings), usage, cash and preferred supplier targets.
- Own the day-to-day execution of the transactional procurement process including approving POs. Manage the purchase orders until closed.
- Develop & Lead projects across global Crotonville or P&L as agreed with global Crotonville business stakeholders.
- Ensure business specific regulatory requirements, global ops compliance, and quality, delivery and cost expectations are met.
- Manage the operational relationship with suppliers.
- Work Cross-functionally with Global Ops, business, and regional teams to effectively implement business solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college;
- Significant experience in Sourcing, Operations, Supply Chain and/or Commercial
- Experience in learning and development supplier relationships
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university or college
- Lean Six Sigma certified
- Strong analytical Skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others
- Lead initiatives of large scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects, simultaneously
- GE Leadership Program Graduate
- Demonstrated team player with a strong initiative to win
- Aggressive self-starter
- Demonstrated professional oral/written communication and negotiation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Working knowledge of ERP/ SSP systems
- Experience with RFQ implementation and execution
- History with supplier base consolidation