- GE Digital
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:45:42 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Technology
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
• Lead coding, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of information technology solutions for business processes
• Work with other front end developers to define best practices and processes around user interface development
• Collaborate with US, near-shore, and offshore based team members to deliver software solutions
• Implement detailed functional and technical specifications required to satisfy business requirements
• Provide functional and technical documentation
• Develop proof-of-concepts and prototypes of easy to navigate user interfaces (UI) that consist of web pages with graphics, icons, and color schemes that are visually appealing
• Minimum experience of 4+ years in software development (preferably front end development and UX)
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of IS, IT, or Computer Science)
• Minimum of 1 years of IS, IT, Computer Science or Engineering experience with a concentration in front end design and development framework (Angular, Node, or similar)
• Understanding of backend systems and how to integrate with online services
• Trained in TDD/BDD development, understanding of GitHub and Git pull requests and experience with analytics frameworks
•Previous experience with the GE Software Center of Excellence Predix platform.
•Lean/Six Sigma Certification, experience working in an Agile software development environment, previous experience with Cloud Foundry/PaaS
•1-2 years’ experience with iOS development, Android development, NodeJS
•Understanding of Delay Tolerant Networking (DTN), experience working with Polymer, working knowledge of Responsive Design concepts and frameworks
•Strong analytical skills – strong problem solving skills, communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve.
•Resourceful and quick learner; able to efficiently seek out, learn, & apply new areas of expertise as needed. Highly self-motivated, able to work independently.
Locations: India; Bangalore