About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Intercompany Accounting analyst role is a critical part of our Global Operations organization. Global Ops management is looking for this role to enhance controllership, compliance and simplify our Intercompany accounting processes for our operations in LATAM. Key part of the role will be to align the Intercompany COE with FCR initiatives and processes.
• Supervise Intercompany Account reconciliations and follow up of open items
• Intercompany expense reconciliation and partner with the businesses.
• Ensure that all Intercompany JE’s are posted correctly in GL
• Coordination and elaboration of information and schedules for financial, taxes and CAC audits.
• Provide accounting JE’s for intercompany booking in all ERPs
• Analyze the weekly/monthly activity and provide information related to businesses
• Ensure all the transactions booked are recorded in a monthly basis, reducing cycle times & driving efficiency.
• Ensure compliance with datelines to provide information to internal and external customers.
• Establish procedures to comply & drive process improvement, discipline and standardization with predetermined calendars, index and process map.
• Ensure that all interfaces to and from IBS to the different ERPs are working correctly.
• Special Projects as directed.
• Bachelor's Degree with minimum 5 years of finance, Intercompany and accounting experience.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Fluency in both Spanish and English.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with GE businesses and other cross-functional teams within LATAM and abroad.
• A self-starter, ability to work independently.
• Knowledge of US GAAP
• ERP savvy
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting. Strong analytical skills.
• Highly detail oriented.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Broad understanding of Accounting functions and processes.
• Ability to prioritize/multitask and work effectively under time constraints and fast paced environment.
• Knowledge and experience with financial systems; demonstrated ability to gain understanding of new systems as required.
• Adaptable/flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations.
• Uncompromised levels of integrity, ethical and personal values in decisions, communications and actions.
• Portuguese language.
• Six Sigma – Green Belt.
Locations: Mexico; Monterrey