About Us: At GE, we take the impossible and make it unimpossible. Think you can do the same?
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career. It is not about your job title. It is about who you are. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters - do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better.
Today, more than ever, the world needs great minds. What the world needs…is you.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the Talent Community.
Role Summary: GE’s interns are our future leaders. It’s how we get to know you and how you get to know us. At GE, you’ll work with real business leaders in an atmosphere that will challenge you and support your development.
Over your 12 month internship you'll work in a Software Engineering environment gaining invaluable skills and experience. The opportunities available will cover all aspects of Software Engineering from software design and integration to testing. Depending on skillset and role requirements, you will develop your programming languages skills in (but not limited to) Java, C, C++, C#, Python, Raspberry Pi and/or Arduino. You could be analyzing requirements, designing an application or defining a test specification. You could be supporting with configuration management, database development and system monitoring and engaging with internal & external customers and third party vendors.
You will be guided by structured goals & objectives and will have responsibility to deliver on inspiring projects. We will support you throughout the year to ensure you make the best of your GE experience. Your manager will offer coaching and mentoring, and the Company will provide the opportunity to connect with other interns across the UK.
• Our internships will start between mid-June to August 2017 for a duration of 12 months.
• We are currently advertising multiple internship opportunities within the UK, including:Cambridge, Cheltenham (closest to Birmingham), Livingston (in Scotland and where a large majority of roles are), Skelmersdale (closest to Liverpool/Manchester) and Groby ( Leicestershire ).
Roles in other locations may become available in the near future, and if you are flexible in terms of location, you are still encouraged to apply!
• Please note that if your skills or experience could be suitable for other internship opportunities we will also consider you for these without you needing to submit a further application.
• The closing date for applications is the 28th February 2017. However we review all applications on a rolling basis and therefore advise you to apply as soon as possible. We will close our vacancies to new applicants once the requirements have been filled.
• We are able to offer internships across all GE businesses and as such, our Internship Recruitment Team will provide further information on available industries and locations during the hiring process.
• Currently studying towards a Computer Science related degree – penultimate/final year • Enthusiasm and interest for the functional area applied for • Able to take ownership for projects and work to time limits • Analytical • Problem solver • Clear communication • Proficient in Microsoft Office • Ability to work as part of a team
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.